The worst job ever?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Share with the girls here the worst job you ever had and why it was so...

When I was 14-15 I got a job at the local hardware store. The hardest part was memorizing the ity-bity pieces of this and that because they didn't have price tags on them, so I had to know what to charge...

One of the girls I was in highschool with worked there also.. And she told me this crazy stuff about one of the guys who worked in the back by the paints. She said he was a pervert and although I can't remember all the details of the stories she told me, I do remember that he was a little "off"...

They were remodeling the back part of the store and the bathroom happened to be one of the areas being remodeled..

I was working the counter one day and she went to use the bathroom and came back hysterical!!!!!
When I asked her what the problem was she told me she was in there, and heared this strange noise.. and saw a hole in the wall/door about the size of a quarter.. She squatted down and looked through the hole only to see an eyeball looking back at her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told her ok ok I'd check it out.. So I mosed on down to the bathroom, pretended to be doing something in there.. Sure enough I heard a strange noise, I saw the hole.. and when I peeked through the hole I saw an eyeball looking at me too.. So I freaked out and opened the door and saw him walking away..

I alerted the manager (female) who told me they would deal with it.. I said whelp either he works there or I do, and since he had worked there for years.. they weren't going to do anything about it.. I called the police and the manager told the police that they fixed the hole in the door(which they did) and that it shouldn't be a problem anymore...

Whelp, too much for me.. I quit and never came back!

How about you?
August 29th, 2006, 08:01 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
I haven't really ever had a bad job but I can think of one that would be aweful

testing if foot deoderizers work or not.....eeewww

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
August 30th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Probably being a nurse's aide. I did not like wiping butts, cleaning up vomit or the alzheimers patients grabbing my breasts. Uggh!

August 30th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Probably being a nurse's aide. I did not like wiping butts, cleaning up vomit or the alzheimers patients grabbing my breasts. Uggh![/b]

I was a nursing assistant at one point and I loved it! Hated the people I worked with but loved the people i took care of..
August 31st, 2006, 11:47 AM
JNB1111's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to JNB1111
Quote:
Probably being a nurse's aide. I did not like wiping butts, cleaning up vomit or the alzheimers patients grabbing my breasts. Uggh![/b]
I Tottally agree!!! I HATED IT!!!!!!! And worst of all I was preggo while doing it and they made me wash ICU/CCU patients by MYSELF with no help and these people were pretty much comatose. I did it for 8 months and quit....went back to the daycare I worked at before.
9:37pm
7lbs 8oz
19 1/2" long

September 1st, 2006, 05:16 AM
Veteran
I worked at the "Everythings a Dollar" while in highschool...ok most of you are thinking that's not bad BUT I kid you not, people would constantly come up and ask me how much something cost. HELLO the store is called EVERYTHINGS A DOLLAR, there are signs posted all over the place. You would also be suprised how many people bought Tampons and Duche from there (By the bulk).

Ashley - 11 Nov 04
EDD - 5 Jan 07 (Happy B-day to me)
September 6th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Worst job I ever had was when I was a teen. I worked for this ice cream company, where I had to ride a bike with a big freezer on the front of it, and ride around town selling ice cream on the street. I only worked one day. It was so hot outside and I was sweating so bad. I was sore from trying to pedal that bike up hills with that big freezer on the front of it. Also, somehow I ended up riding into a ditch! Then I couldnt pull that big heavy bike and freezer out of it. Some guy came along and helped me. What a day!
September 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM
debthemom's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to debthemom
ive had some i didnt like....but i cant think of any that were gross or terrible...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search