Am I the exeption or the rule?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Am I strange to be more excited and into the whole baby thing that my wife is? I can't help finding as much info as possible on everything baby. (just like this message board!)
August 29th, 2006, 09:43 PM
It's sad, but I feel like you may be the exception. I think my husband is excited to have his son, but he thinks I'm silly for being so "obsessed" about pregnancy. I also don't know many men that get involved or go out of their way to find a message board like this. I think you are wonderful and I wish there were more men out there like you. I hope your wife knows how lucky she is to have such a supportive husband. I think you'll be a great daddy!
Julian Scott Raymond was born October 31, 2006 @ 10:44 PM.
5 lbs 3 oz and 18 inches long
August 30th, 2006, 10:19 AM
It is sad, but I'm the kinda person who has to know everything about a new gadget (thats kinda what a baby is). And since the little guy failed to come with a manual, I have to find out everything on my own. Hell, I went out the day after we found out we were expecting and bought three books!
August 30th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My bf has been supportive about providing whatever I need to learn... but he won't do any of it himself and it's incredibly irritating. It's bad enough I have a fraction of the energy I used too, but then I had to go and learn everything on my own and it's really hard.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

October 12th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My husband & I actually met on a parenting board. At the time, we had children from a previous marriage. I'm actually in here checking things out for him. But I fear, you & he are the exceptions.

I do have 1 friend who is much more involved in the raising of his son that his wife is. So I guess you 3 are the exception

More power to you!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 30th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Regular
My wife says we are the exceptions. Of course, I know I am different being a stay at home or work from home dad, but I don't mind. It's good bonding time.

Mike
December 1st, 2006, 07:34 AM
Veteran
I've found most men are just as if not more excited then the mothers. The ones who aren't, are the ones you can expect to not be real involved in the parenting process as a whole.
December 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Veteran
I think its great that some guys get that deeply involved in pregnancy. It shows them being more of man NOW than ever before. Girls LOVE that!! lol so keep it up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search