Work from home?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What exactly do you do?

If you're not doing traditional work from home things (i.e-Your job allows the freedom of having an in home office that you can work from) how did you finally find legit work?

I'm just curious.. My email inbox keeps getting slammed with all these *paid for reading email, Paid for this and that* and I got curious and checked a few out only to find they charge you to buy a list of websites..

So just curious.. You don't have to share your secrets per say...

Becky
August 30th, 2006, 10:29 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I just got very, very lucky. I like to think it was God's hand. I looked and looked for legit work and never found any. One day I got a job offer out of the blue (wasn't even looking). The guy said it was a 3 month trial ... he wanted an assistant, but was way too hands-on, so he might let me go. I said fine. After the first month, I was moved to another project... he loved me! He also happens to have 4 kids at home (homeschooled), so when I got pg 6 weeks after taking the job, he actually ENCOURAGED me to work from home. The office was only 5 minutes away, so I could make the meetings if necessary. I - along with most of the company - got laid off in June. He asked me to come back as an independent contractor, but in the mean time, a friend (also laid off) introduced me to a friend of hers who owns her own virtual administrative assistant company. Now I have 2 part time jobs. Neither is predictable, but together I'm able to get 30-50 hours per week on my own schedule. For the most part, I'm an editor for books, articles, etc. before they're published, but I also do a little bit of web work as well. It's way tougher than any 9-5 I've had, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! It's been such a blessing, because Ben has been going to physical therapy and seeing doc after doc since birth. I've been able to do all of it with no problems, and I'm even able to go to my weekly mommy's Bible class.
August 31st, 2006, 06:29 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooh that is really lucky!!!

I got an email yesterday from a "recruiter" and they want me to be a mystery shopper at an eatery.. I'm trying that out today.. Seems like alot of work just to get a free lunch (They don't pay you, just reinburse you for the food you bought)

So we'll see!!

Becky
August 31st, 2006, 07:23 AM
Regular
I do freelance writing. I consider myself blessed to have found this. I have been doing it for a month and a half and have earned close to $1000. The best part about it is if my baby needs me, I hit save, tend to her, then come back to my work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search