anyone sharing dc rooms,

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
ok,
well we have a nice house, but we only have 2 bedrooms upstairs,
the basement is not finished, and im not sure we will have the money to finish it off for the new baby,.

so were planing on having dd share her room with the new baby,
not at first, cause ill be breastfeeding so we will co sleep, (baby will sleep in the pack and play besides me)
but when she/he does their nights, were going or planing on putting them together,

anyone else do this? any advice, dos or donts??

thanks
Viv

September 21st, 2006, 02:15 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your child that you have no have issues with sleeping? Difficult at bedtime? Wakes up at all during the night? Light sleeper?

Those are some things you need to take into account.. My kids.. they sleep through everything, including my SIL and her 2 kids share a room..

If your daughter goes to sleep pretty good now, and going to bed and sleeping isn't an issue (you know, playing with toys instead of sleeping making noises ect ect crying at bedtime) it shouldn't be a problem...

If she's a light sleeper, she might get woken up every time your baby cries.. and you have no way of knowing right now if your new baby is going to be a light sleeper.. meaning, anything your daughter does now could wake them up....

If all else fails.. you can always keep your new baby in your room in the packnplay or crib a little longer then you expected... I know alot of parents are hesitant to do that, but as long as you get then out of your bedroom around 1 y/o then you realloy shouldn't have to worry about other things...

Just my two cents

Becky
September 21st, 2006, 03:28 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I only have 1 kid, so I don't have any advice, but you should try posting your question in the TTC large families board. I'm sure there are some BTDT moms who have definitely dealt with kids sharing!

It's none of my business why you don't think you'll have enough money to finish the basement, but if other debts are the problem, you should pop over to the financial board and let us take a look for ya.

Either way, good luck with the new baby! Congrats!
September 22nd, 2006, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
well its just that we just bought the house, and we just had to pay the welcome taxes, and the first year is always the worst,
but we talked about it last night, and it might be possible to do the room downstairs,
but dh has a tendency to do things the big way ! but ill try to give him alternatives to make it work,.

for example he said well before we started to close rooms downstairs i wanted to put the wood floor down stairs,
so i sais well mabye we could wait untill next year for the floor and do the room instead, for the baby
and it worked !

so i still dont know if dd will have the room downstairs or if it will be the baby but we still have time to figure that out

thanks guys

September 22nd, 2006, 01:00 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Hahaha! So does that mean YOU'RE the smart one in the family? I hate to admit it, but my dh is usually on the winning end of our discussions. He's got an engineering mind; I have a creative mind. I come up with what I want, but HE'S the smart one who figures out how to get it done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search