Do You And Your SO Go Shopping Together?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">
Do you and your SO go shopping together?

If we\'re just shopping for the house or clothes, then yes, we almost always do it together. But I prefer to do my grocery shopping alone. I don\'t just prefer, I demand to do it alone. I hate it when DH is with me when I\'m grocery shopping. Just because he lives here doesn\'t mean he knows what we need, have and want. He always buts in and says...."Don\'t we have some of that already?"....."Why are you buying the generic brand?". OMG I could kill him when he does that!!

So how about you? Do you prefer to go it alone or together?

xxx</span>

October 11th, 2006, 02:12 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alone--I love to shop for anything at my own pace! I hate feeling rushed or being dragged somewhere else--selfish I know

October 11th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband waits in the car while I shop....haha...he hates shopping. He would rather wait in the parking lot for hours then shop.....which is fine by me!!

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>
October 12th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do go shopping together.. if i'm not really shopping.. He hates to shop.. he likes to go, get what he came for and leave.. which is fine by me if I'm not really shopping... Like a trip to walmart..

If I'm going to the mall or I need something for me.. I won't go with him because he makes me feel rushed and he complains Geez you take long enough!!!

So its a little mix of both..

Becky
October 20th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Alone! DH drives me crazy at the mall or grocery store. Hes got the "run in get what you need dont look at anything else and run to the cash" mentality. And me? Im the "stop and look at all the sales and browse" type girl

October 20th, 2006, 07:12 AM
michelle5971's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to michelle5971 Send a message via Yahoo to michelle5971
My husband and I go everywhere togethere. I know that probably sounds wierd to some of you. I do not drive and we live in the country at the present time so he takes me where I need to go.
But even when we lived in the city and I liked to walk places, we still went together.
When I met my husband 4 years ago I was having problems with my ex stalking me. I didn't feel safe being alone, so that is kind of how it started being this way. We both enjoy being with one another. Even if he has to go somewhere, he'll ask me if I want to ride along.
My husband works from home, so we are always together.

I get up in the morning a few hours before he does so that is my alone time and I spend it online LOL. I don't get to use the computer much after he gets up because he has work to do, but I sneak on once in a while.

Loving wife to Jeff

Mom to Brian 19, Rachel 17, Brandon 9 and Jordon 7

Stepmom to Danielle 23, Dallas 14, and Jacob 10

October 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If I am shopping for clothes/household items, then he just goes to another part of the store to browse something more interesting to him. If it is grocery shopping he usually waits in the car. I hate it when he wants to grocery shop with me. He always goes over the budget, and he buys too much junk food.
October 20th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes it depends on what kinds of shopping. He won't go with me if i am going clothes shopping. I won't go with him if he is going to the hardware store. We both tell each other that we take to long.

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
October 24th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH loves to shop more than me so we always go as a family!
October 24th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
It really depends. I do most of the shopping by myself, but thats usually because DH is at work... if he's home and there are some errands to be done, he will sometimes go... it depends on where I'm going.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 24th, 2006, 06:55 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
99% of the time, I go alone.
October 24th, 2006, 07:13 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
we go grocery shopping together.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

October 24th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! He never shops with me. He hates shopping and he drives me crazy the whole time!! I used to beg him to go with me, but then when he did he just drove me crazy. Now I won't let him go!!
October 24th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Yes unless one of us has to go get just a few groceries.

October 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me and my DH do all of our shopping together. I have to be with him when he buys clothes to help him pick things out. And, I HAVE to have him with me to do the grocery shopping.

October 24th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go together unless it's for clothes... I can't take him clothes shopping he is so not picky at all. He likes everything and doesn't see a point in thinking about it or looking it over. All clothes look great just buy some.

October 24th, 2006, 10:20 AM
TheBooths1992's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to TheBooths1992 Send a message via MSN to TheBooths1992 Send a message via Yahoo to TheBooths1992
Yes me and my SO go shopping together even though he is like a little child and picky in the grocery store.When i go in to the store I get waht I need on my list then I am ready to get out of there. But when So goes we end up with more than I had on list and sometimes it is junk. I am glad when it comes to shopping for other things he ramains quite LOL.
October 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
We shop together and it is more enjoyable that way. I've gone grocery shopping a couple times when he's at work, but it's such a pain. It's so much easier to have him there with me. I never shop with a list, so it's nice to have him there to remind me of things we need.

He is an awesome shopper when we go to the mall, so I definately take him with me.

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search