VERY YOUNG DAD TO BE : WORRIED

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2006, 09:53 AM
HI my name is Jordan my girlfriend registered on here and she is feeling a little sick nad went to sit down and relax I am 16 and she is 15 we live in an apartment in Asbury Park New jersey and she is at 38 weeks and expecting our first baby I am worried abou her because she has been really weak latley and very moody I don't know if its shes getting farther into her pregnancy or what but I'm worried aobut her Her name is Amanda and we are expecting a baby girl very soon.
November 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
well, best of luck to you both! i'm 22, and have two children-- things get pretty intense, at the end of pregnancy. if she's seeing her doctor weekly, as recommended, things should be fine.

best wishes, and congrats on this baby. i sure hope things go well for the three of you!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

November 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Hey there,

It probably has to do with her being so far along in her pregnancy. Has she been to the doctor lately? Maybe she should go. LEt us know how she is doing.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

November 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Jordan, what Amanda is going through sounds pretty normal for this late in her pregnancy. Hopefully she's already getting good medical care -- right now what she needs most from *you* is your attention and emotional support, even if at times it seems like she'd rather be left alone. The two of you have some very challenging yet extremely rewarding years ahead of you, and all of us wish you the very best of luck with your new baby!
November 10th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
how is she doing?

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

November 14th, 2006, 11:03 AM
char_hart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Jordan,

Do you guy's have support from your parents? or any type of family support? what about friends?

Have you been able to go with her to appointments? because I know with my husband it reassured him and also educated him about the pregnancy and what to expect, but it also gave him a opportunity to ask questions and concerns to the Doctor.

But if she is that far along, the best thing you can do is to listen to her, and to support her.
Another thing to, have you guy's gone to lamaze classes? because I also know that those classes helped my husband a hell of allot when it comes to the pregnancy and what to expect.
I know where we live in San Diego, the red cross ran the lamaze classes free through the hospital, maybe you both can check into this.

Hope this helps, or gives you a few ideas, but I won't tell you it's a easy job, being a parent is the hardest job in the world, know matter whether you are a man or a woman. The only thing that can make it a little bit easier if you both support and love eachother, and be there for one another.

I really wish you both the best of luck!!!!

[CENTER]Alexandria & Abigail, Sisters forever!

November 27th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Regular
good luck with all the baby and dont be worried because babies are pretty great.
December 16th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Veteran
Quote:
HI my name is Jordan my girlfriend registered on here and she is feeling a little sick nad went to sit down and relax I am 16 and she is 15 we live in an apartment in Asbury Park New jersey and she is at 38 weeks and expecting our first baby I am worried abou her because she has been really weak latley and very moody I don't know if its shes getting farther into her pregnancy or what but I'm worried aobut her Her name is Amanda and we are expecting a baby girl very soon.[/b]

Hey hunnie. I wouldnt worry too much about it. At this stage in pregnancy this tends to happen. Is she resting enough? Drinking enough water? She might be a little dehydrated. If shes seeing a doctor regulary for her pregnancy she should mention how she feels to him/her. They will determine whether or not shes dehydrated or something else. The moodiness just comes with pregnancy altogether lol soo yeah dont worry about that at all. I am sure things are gonna be just fine. She needs to just take it real easy now being that shes really at the end now. She can give birth any day now so...and dont worry, thats not a bad thing. It will be ok. Keep in touch and let us know how shes doing!

December 19th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Veteran
Do you have an update on your little family?

Has anyone told you about the social programs that your girlfriend qualifies for being a young, single(unwed), mother? If not please PM me & I will provide you with information. It is usually as simple as going down to your local "welfare" office to recieve aid. Aid does not just come in the form of food support, often there are programs that will help yougn parents finish school, finance college education, job placement, daycare vouchers, medical "insurence" /medicade for the mother/baby. Taking advantage of the social programs in your area is nothing to be ashamed of if it gives your family a firm place to build from and the ability to secure the future of your child.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search