for "christmas"

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone, for other then religious reasons.. not tell their children about Santa Claus?

Just curious... I know its a big fib we tell our kids.. Just wondering if others do without..

Becky
December 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think children believing in Santa Claus is absolutely wonderful!!! There's something so magical and innocent about it. Why dampen their spirits! Let children be children. I'd like to believe there are still "Santas" out there!!

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>
December 2nd, 2006, 06:57 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I plan to tell Ben about Santa right from the start. I think it's a lie to let him believe it's true. Yeah, I'm in the minority, I know!
December 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I plan to tell Ben about Santa right from the start. I think it's a lie to let him believe it's true. Yeah, I'm in the minority, I know! [/b]

I pondered it... I thought it might make christmas a little more intimate.. I mean.. when they believe in santa.. Most kids get a few nice things and then a bunch of little things to unwrap so they can go crazy opening stuff... then the kids go to school and say well santa got me this and santa got me this.. and they wonder why santa didn't get them a playstation3 with 10 different games...LOL

Then after you spend all that time getting them stuff, and they figure out it was a fib.. doesn't it sorta take away from the christmas?
My8 y/o nephew just found out last christmas and he was devistated... now there's little surprize.. he basically makes a list of what he wants for christmas and she (sil) tries to accomodate as best she can...

I'm kinda surprized also, at how many "kids" already know what they are getting for christmas before it's christmas....
My dss just told me he's getting a nintendo ds for christmas and what games he's getting... What fun is that? (he's 13)

When i went black friday shopping all night my other dss went with me and my sil (he's 14) and the thing he wanted most for christmas happened to be one of the doorbusters! and he found 1 of 3 left... so he knew what he was getting for christmas that night..

I don't know... their's pros and cons to it.. I think it is priceless to see their faces when they wake up and think santa brought them stuff.. but then dealing with when it wears off and after.....

becky
December 3rd, 2006, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
DH and i were just talkin about it hes very "i want him to think theres a santa for a litle while and when he finds out he finds out he'll deal with it and move on like every other kid" hes wonderful isnt he ? lol But since i opened the door to the conversation now im thinking about it and i dont know if i really do wanna go that route? I kinda feel bad now that one day he'll realize it was all BS and be upset? I remember being so excited waiting up to try and catch a glimpse of him and etc but i cant remember how i reacted when i found out it wasnt true or how i even found out which obviously means i wasnt too traumatized lol ... hmm i really dont know ... thank god we have atleast a nother year before we have to worry about it ! lol

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
December 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we tell ashton about santa but if he came out and said 'is santa real' i would tell him the truth. i think most of the time kids grow out of santa so when they find out he isnt real it is sort of like so what. i dontknow. i dont remember when i found out he wasnt real.

December 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
stormy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to stormy Send a message via Yahoo to stormy
Wait! You mean Santa Claus is not real! Are you sure about that?

Okay in all seriously I do tell my children there is a Santa Claus and back it up with this....

NORAD SANTA and St. Nicholas and St. Nicholas Kids Page
December 5th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Veteran
I won't even admit to my 14 year old that Santa isn't real
December 7th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
I can't even imagine my kids going through childhood without the excitement of Santa. I love Santa. I remember the feeling I used to get and how happy it used to make me. I do express to my DD that Christmas is a time for family, friends and love. She knows that it's not about presents and how much stuff she gets. I hope I do just a good of job with my DS as I did with her!

xxx

December 7th, 2006, 10:17 AM
tricksy22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're going to let Carson believe in Santa as long as he wants to...I loved him when I was young and want him to experience the same joy, but we will also teach him that Christmas is not just about getting presents, that it's a celebration of Jesus' birth!

Carson 3/24/06
December 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
MommyToSnuggles's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyToSnuggles
Santa IS real. No, there's no fat man in red who drives a magical sleigh with flying reindeer...but that doesn't mean he isn't real.

I am Santa. DH is Santa. Many of you are Santa!! To say that Santa doesn't exist, is to say that WE don't exist. Someone went out and got those presents, wrapped them, and placed them under the tree. Santa is just a psuedonym that people use because they don't want to let their kids see their soft-side I don't think it's any more true to say that Santa DOESN'T exist, than it is to say that he does. Santa is the spirit of giving, and as long as that spirit is alive, Santa will be as well.

So, yes, Santa will be visiting my house this year, and for many years to come

December 11th, 2006, 08:34 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Santa IS real. No, there's no fat man in red who drives a magical sleigh with flying reindeer...but that doesn't mean he isn't real.

I am Santa. DH is Santa. Many of you are Santa!! To say that Santa doesn't exist, is to say that WE don't exist. Someone went out and got those presents, wrapped them, and placed them under the tree. Santa is just a psuedonym that people use because they don't want to let their kids see their soft-side I don't think it's any more true to say that Santa DOESN'T exist, than it is to say that he does. Santa is the spirit of giving, and as long as that spirit is alive, Santa will be as well.

So, yes, Santa will be visiting my house this year, and for many years to come [/b]
What a wonderful way to put it! I never thought of it like that.
December 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sants is such a big part of Christmas. I grew up with Santa, so we'll tell Kaven as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search