Need some advice..

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Expecting1
So here I am almost 4 months pregnant and in my 2nd tri-mester. I have to take work really light since I have had some complications and still am having some although a lot better than what it was..And I feel like my hormones are raging so bad and I feel horrible for my bf. Of course, I care for him and love him and would do anything for him. But lately, I am totally on edge, don't want to see him, just want to sit at home and just do nothing after work. And then when I do see him it's like I am mad or upset and everytime he touches me or something I'm like not feeling it. Anyone else have this problem or did you? I don't know what else to do or think. Lately, I've just wanted to be alone and I do feel bad and he knows it and I tell him all the time I just don't want to do anything I just want to stay at home most of the time..I just feel so not nice lol. I don't know how else to explain or put it. I feel like I have no control over my body or my emotions and I don't know what else to do..Any suggestions? Thanks.
December 3rd, 2006, 07:30 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Does he go to your OB appts with you? I used to wait until I got to an appt to say things like that "to" the doctor (but of course we know it was really "to" dh ) and she would jump right in with the "that's normal" stuff and we'd all laugh the whole thing off. That way he knew from the DOCTOR that I wasn't being unjustly mad at him... it was just the hormones talking.
December 4th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Quote:
Does he go to your OB appts with you? I used to wait until I got to an appt to say things like that "to" the doctor (but of course we know it was really "to" dh ) and she would jump right in with the "that's normal" stuff and we'd all laugh the whole thing off. That way he knew from the DOCTOR that I wasn't being unjustly mad at him... it was just the hormones talking. [/b]
That's what I had to do, because there was a time in my pregnancy when I thought I would kill DH. I was a raging *%&^$! When my doctor informed my DH that it was completely normal, he was very relieved. All women go through it, so don't feel too bad. I hope you start to feel better soon.

xxx

December 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I HATED mine when I was pregnant.. but you know honestly.. he provoked me..lol

He didn't go to any of my doctors appointments because he couldn't get off work so that used to make me mad especially with my friends/family being pregnant with me and i had to hear about all their husbands going...

Mine was just very unsupportive.. and it made me bonkers!!! I hated him!!!

oddly, after my son was born.. he was great

Drag him to the doctors with you!! talk about your frustrations and how it stresses you out.. Stress is not good for your baby either!!!!

Becky
December 4th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Does he go to your OB appts with you? I used to wait until I got to an appt to say things like that "to" the doctor (but of course we know it was really "to" dh ) and she would jump right in with the "that's normal" stuff and we'd all laugh the whole thing off. That way he knew from the DOCTOR that I wasn't being unjustly mad at him... it was just the hormones talking. [/b]

December 4th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Expecting1
Yes he goes to the appointments with me for one he didn't because he wasn't around..and the next one is next week but he doesn't really need to go only becuz it's just bloodwork. But I just sometimes feel like maybe I jumped the gun. We've known each other for 3 years and we started dating in August when I came home..My ex bf at that time and I had broken up back in May but we still lived together..When I had, had enough I moved back home and now here I am. And I told him I can't jump into something so quickly when I just left something so recent. And my doctor had told me it would be hard for me to conceive we did the precautions ness. but well here we are today and I am almost 4 months pregnant so obviously it wasn't planned. When I go in next week for that bloodwork I am going to talk to a nurse about some things. I honestly feel that if he doesn't want to put forth the effort in a way where he can stop pushing me for an engagement/marriage, and moving in together so quickly I can't be around it. And here's the worse part, he's still "technically" married. In the eyes of the law he still is. He's legally seperated, but the divorce papers aren't filed completely yet..Of course his ex is with another man and living with him too but I just don't feel fully comfortable. And I thought he was already divorced, obviously if I knew he was still "technically" married I wouldn't have been with him until he was divorced. Do you think it's bad if I told him because this has been since August that if he doesn't get a divorce finalized by end of December that I can't be with him? I just can't handle it. And he himself even said if his ex found out she'd obviously be very hurt, and she has some mental issues and I'm afraid she won't give him the divorce if she did. And well now I am starting to show a little bit and in 4 more weeks we find out if it's a boy or a girl. I am feeling so confused and ready to just throw in the towel and my parents are backing me up 110%..So at least I have that. He told me by the end of November the divorce would be finalized.

HELP!!!!
December 7th, 2006, 07:02 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yes he goes to the appointments with me for one he didn't because he wasn't around..and the next one is next week but he doesn't really need to go only becuz it's just bloodwork. But I just sometimes feel like maybe I jumped the gun. We've known each other for 3 years and we started dating in August when I came home..My ex bf at that time and I had broken up back in May but we still lived together..When I had, had enough I moved back home and now here I am. And I told him I can't jump into something so quickly when I just left something so recent. And my doctor had told me it would be hard for me to conceive we did the precautions ness. but well here we are today and I am almost 4 months pregnant so obviously it wasn't planned. When I go in next week for that bloodwork I am going to talk to a nurse about some things. I honestly feel that if he doesn't want to put forth the effort in a way where he can stop pushing me for an engagement/marriage, and moving in together so quickly I can't be around it. And here's the worse part, he's still "technically" married. In the eyes of the law he still is. He's legally seperated, but the divorce papers aren't filed completely yet..Of course his ex is with another man and living with him too but I just don't feel fully comfortable. And I thought he was already divorced, obviously if I knew he was still "technically" married I wouldn't have been with him until he was divorced. Do you think it's bad if I told him because this has been since August that if he doesn't get a divorce finalized by end of December that I can't be with him? I just can't handle it. And he himself even said if his ex found out she'd obviously be very hurt, and she has some mental issues and I'm afraid she won't give him the divorce if she did. And well now I am starting to show a little bit and in 4 more weeks we find out if it's a boy or a girl. I am feeling so confused and ready to just throw in the towel and my parents are backing me up 110%..So at least I have that. He told me by the end of November the divorce would be finalized.

HELP!!!![/b]
(((HUGS))) You have a lot going on. I hope you'll consider staying with this man... he is your baby's daddy. I think every child deserves the opportunity to grow up in a home with both mom and dad if it's at all possible. Relationships are tough, and marriage isn't any easier. The only thing about marriage is that you have your promises to keep you honest and make you work a little harder at solving the problems together rather than allowing them to tear you apart.

It's great that you have your parents supporting you no matter what happens, but I would urge you to work this out with your BF. I'm not suggesting you marry him just because you're having a baby together, but if you could work things out to the point where you could give him a chance at being your husband and his baby's father, I believe it will work out for you in the long run.

Hang in there!
December 10th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Expecting1
Quote:
Quote:

HELP!!!![/b]
(((HUGS))) You have a lot going on. I hope you'll consider staying with this man... he is your baby's daddy. I think every child deserves the opportunity to grow up in a home with both mom and dad if it's at all possible. Relationships are tough, and marriage isn't any easier. The only thing about marriage is that you have your promises to keep you honest and make you work a little harder at solving the problems together rather than allowing them to tear you apart.

It's great that you have your parents supporting you no matter what happens, but I would urge you to work this out with your BF. I'm not suggesting you marry him just because you're having a baby together, but if you could work things out to the point where you could give him a chance at being your husband and his baby's father, I believe it will work out for you in the long run.

Hang in there!
[/b]

Thanks..We talked not too long ago in the week and we did sort out a lot of issues and what not. I think with the pressure on me doing this that and the other thing it was a lot..And with him wanting to move so quickly it was pushing me away in my mind. So of course I am going to give us a chance and we are still together. Of course no relationship is perfect and we all have our faults. And I think once I am not pregnant anymore and the baby is here I think it will be so much better..And he has been giving me my space and time needed when I ask him to and that's all I can ask and I thank him for it all the time. If it doesn't work out for us in the end then sure we'll always have each other, and know we created something amazing and special together. But I'm definitely not looking to get married right away, maybe engaged after we've been together for a year or so and then married not too long after that..But I think I just felt so pressured that I was pushing him away and felt he was pushing me. But thanks for you're input. I loved it and appreciate it like you have no idea.
December 13th, 2006, 06:39 AM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You'll get back to normal. I promise!

December 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Expecting1
Thanks Ericka I hope so this is ridiculous..I feel horrible about the way I feel and when I just want to be at home with my family..And now I am sleeping so much again I feel like I'm in my 1st trimester!
December 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Veteran
Quote:
So here I am almost 4 months pregnant and in my 2nd tri-mester. I have to take work really light since I have had some complications and still am having some although a lot better than what it was..And I feel like my hormones are raging so bad and I feel horrible for my bf. Of course, I care for him and love him and would do anything for him. But lately, I am totally on edge, don't want to see him, just want to sit at home and just do nothing after work. And then when I do see him it's like I am mad or upset and everytime he touches me or something I'm like not feeling it. Anyone else have this problem or did you? I don't know what else to do or think. Lately, I've just wanted to be alone and I do feel bad and he knows it and I tell him all the time I just don't want to do anything I just want to stay at home most of the time..I just feel so not nice lol. I don't know how else to explain or put it. I feel like I have no control over my body or my emotions and I don't know what else to do..Any suggestions? Thanks.[/b]

I went thru the same thing with my DD. Its pretty normal and I wouldnt worry about it. Maybe he can get more involved in things. And when he wants to be affectionate but you arent feeling up to it just let him know but in a nice way lol. He should understand. Hormones are going crazy right now and its totally understandable. If he really isnt a bad guy to begin with then you know its just your hormones. If you see him differently all of a sudden then maybe its time to re-think the relationship...but I doubt its anything like that. You will be alright =)

December 17th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Expecting1
Thanks I hope so..Somedays I am so happy to be with him then somedays it's like ugh..get away from me!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search