What gifts do you give the grandparents?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought my mil and her husband(with the help of my sil) a new computer for christmas.. They've never owned a computer and it cost us 200 a piece for the both of us to provide them a computer this year.. and it came with a nice printer.. So that's basically all they are getting for christmas...

Fil (they are divorced) I have no idea what to get him.. I know he needs a new recliner but even splitting the costs for a recliner makes the price pretty hefty per person...

What are you guys getting the grandparents?

Becky
December 4th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my mom and her hubby: my sis and i are going in together to get them a wireless weather station. and i also got them some starbucks ornaments because they go there almost every day.

my dad: we got him a watch that you clip on your belt. it has a pocket knife/scissors, LED light, compass, temp on it. also we are flying him out to visit the beginning of january.

mil: brad got her something from the pentagon, and a $50 giftcard to eddie bauer

fil: router, something that hooks the playstation up to the computer so they can play tiger woods together from half way across the country, and a shirt that says "i'm retired go around me"

December 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
my hubby's parents split when he was 3 and remarried to other people and had children so we have to thinks of the step grandparents parents as well as the grandparents. James's step-mom and mom are actually still alive to date. His dad pasted away last year and his step-dad died in an accident a few years back. We have a cool idea since we are videographers and the family loves our videos, we make a DVD with all our videos on it to get to the family each year. We are working on it right now in fact.
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>
December 7th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Wow, Becky, those are great gifts!! I give my mother blankets and slippers for Christmas! We don't usually give the adults gifts for Christmas, we just like being together. DD always hand makes my mother something at the girl's club she's a member of. I think those gifts are the best.

xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search