Kissy Relatives

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Regular
It's that time of year, we just finished Thanksgiving and Christmas is upon us. Time to see all those relatives we only see once or twice a year. Aunts and cousins, great uncles and grand parents. I love them all to death, but my husband comes from a very Kissy family. Totally opposite of the way I grew up. Everybody kisses, most on the cheeks, some on the lips. Some nice and some icky! I remember the first time I met his great aunt Carol, she left me with a bright red lipstick print that would barely come off even after soap and water. There are some get togethers when I have 3 or 4 lip prints on my face. More red and fushcia lipstick than I would ever wear in a year, lol.
Does anyone else have "kissy" relatives? Are you a kisser or kissee? Ever get lipsticked?
December 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a very NON touchy feely, kissy kissy person and my aunt and uncle are HUGE kissy people. I always give them a cheek and move away quickly! I don't mind hugging some people, but I would rather just wave or say hi

December 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
UGH!!! I am not a very affectionate person at all!! Well, my kids are different. I don't mind them hugging me or kissing me, but everyone else needs to back off!! My mother is that way. She loves to hug, kiss, hold hands........! All my other relatives live far away, so I don't have to worry about them!!

xxx

December 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
EW! NO! We're all huggers on both sides.
December 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
eww kissy kissy

I'm not a kissy kissy person but I know some folks that are ...

most the time I kind of hang back and put my cheek to another person's cheek to avoid the lipstick thingy on my face and I do the airborne 'smack' sound lol

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
December 9th, 2006, 08:16 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am a very NON touchy feely, kissy kissy person and my aunt and uncle are HUGE kissy people. I always give them a cheek and move away quickly! I don't mind hugging some people, but I would rather just wave or say hi [/b]
You just totally described me. I don't even do handshakes as much as I should... I just like to wave and say hi. What's with everyone needing to touch one another?!?!
December 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
irishxrose
Ugh I hate it!! DF's family doesn't do it all thank goodness, but my family... kissy kissy central! SAVE MEEEEEEEEEE!
December 13th, 2006, 06:35 AM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not affectionate either. Hugs is as far as I go.

December 14th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
wow so odd to me lol i grew up in NY my moms spanish other sides italian and we dont EVER say hello and goodbye to ANYONE without a kiss on the cheek lol and while growing up in NY i never met anyone else that didnt do it it was just the norm. Even meeting people for the first time lol thats just how we said Hi. (Im from the ghetto in ny btw LOL)
Then when i moved to the south nobody did that and i was like the weirdo lol so now im always uncomfortable in that kinda situation when in ny i never questioned it now im like how the hell do i greet them ? Where i come from its rude if u dont kiss everyone in the room on the cheek lol so im always like um hi ? handshake? half hug maybe ?? some people a kiss lol IDK
Very interesting to see how many people are really uncomfortable with that hmm .. all my friends that never did that before always kiss me now i likeit i dont know it feels llovey lol (i always tell my friends i luv them too and vise versa .. im weirdlol )

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
December 15th, 2006, 05:00 AM
DH's family is all hugs and kisses ewwwww LOL
December 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Veteran
I am not very affectionate in that sorta way lol but I am pretty emotional..sounds weird lol

I am not the one to greet everyone by the door and scream out HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! and kiss and hug each and every one of them lol...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search