10 Years Ago...

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">
Where were you 10 years ago and how much has your life changed?

xxx</span>

June 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM
irishxrose
I was nine, so I don't really remember much. My life has changed drastically.
June 13th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Rebecca1986's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 11 so can't say I was doing much. My life has chaged so much

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1KNbUG/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 14th, 2007, 04:37 AM
izzysmom05's Avatar Veteran
<span style="color:#008000">Ten years ago, I was still living in West Virginia, and had just enrolled back in college as a "mature" student at 27 years of age. I was engaged to a US Marine, who was stationed in Okinawa, Japan at the time. I would have laughed in your face if you had told me that 10 years later, I would be living in England with my English hubby and have a daughter who is a dual-citizen of two wonderful countries! </span>
June 14th, 2007, 06:48 AM
momofemnry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow 10n years ago I was in collage. i worked as a ahooter girl thursdays and fridays. It paid so well thats all i had to work. I modeled and traveled too. I was skinny and lovely(didn't realize it completely then though). I partied and went to lotsa raves. Now I am married, am a SAHM with 2 kids, I homeschool, and am very involved in my Church. I don't drink, smoke or cuss anymore but I don't need to because I am naturally crazy. I still have lots of fun just sobor. I would like to look like I used to but I don't want all the rest of the drama.
June 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I was 15 years old in high school a sophmore. Now I'm married and have a daughter and getting ready to have a mortgage.

June 15th, 2007, 10:37 AM
bexmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bexmommy Send a message via MSN to bexmommy Send a message via Skype™ to bexmommy
I was 17 and my life has changed loads.

I was working at a chocolate factory and i was over weight, and of course had no kiddies, wow i miss that age
June 15th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
I was living in a different state, working at a grocery store and dating DH. Things have changed quite a bit.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
June 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
10 years ago I didnt have any kids yet. I was with a different man. I lived in a different apartment. I had a good job back then. Life is way better now.
June 17th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I had was on my honeymoon.. Charles and I married in March but didn't have the money to take one at the time.. Today I am the proud mother of 3.. And right now in storage I have the furnishings of a 5 bedroom home. If I could ever get one.. That is top on my list...
June 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I was a 4th grader in school! well I guess the school year had just ended so I was going to be a 5th grader Lost and lots have change sense then, were i live, im married now, i have a child now, i dont live with my mom now

June 22nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 25 and Jessie was 1.. where Paige is now my life has changed so much. Back then I never thought I would ever be able to have anytime nice.. car,, house, ect and now I have a newer van and I bought my own house when I was still single. I am very happy with how my life turned out.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
June 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
10 years ago I had just finished my junior year in HS. I had just started dating my ex husband. I was 17 and about to get pregnant with my DD. I was still living at home in West Virginia with my parents, and they were still married.

Now I'm living in Iowa, I have two children, I have been married, divorced, and have just started my second marriage. My parents divorced, and now my dad has passed away. There have been a lot of ups and downs, but overall, my life has changed immensely, and mostly for the better. (Though I would give anything in the world to have my Dad back.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
June 25th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
WOW! You guys are making me feel so old!

StephieChelle, I'm so sorry you lost your Dad.

10 years ago......I was pretty much in the same place as I am now, parenting wise. DD was 16 months old then and DS is 15 months old now. I was single back then, living in KY but about to move back to MA to be closer to my sister. I was almost 23 and I was such a different person than I am now. I never went out, never drank and I was working my butt off to support myself and my DD. I was very happy though.

Now I'm married, I have 2 kids, I'm a SAHM, DH and I just bought our first home and I have an occasional glass of wine. I am still very, very happy, so I guess not a whole lot has changed.

xxx

June 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
mindy scott's Avatar I love being me :)
I was basicly homeless. i was couch surfiing between all my friends. Then i meet my hubby and we move state to state then had both the kids and now we are living in Ohio buying a house

June 29th, 2007, 10:14 AM
NIKKI*MOMMY2BOYS*
10 years ago, I was 20. Jordan was 9 months old. I was engaged, planning my wedding, living in my ex husbands parent's guest house with him and Jordan. I was working full time, so was my ex, and life was really great.

Now I am divorced (happily), I have 2 sons from that marriage, Jordan almost 11 and Justin almost 9. I am a temporary SAHM and I live with my mom. Things are going to get better, after I find a job that pays well and we turn the garage into another bedroom, so we're not so cramped. I am optimistic, so all works out in the end....for the better.
July 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Mellykins's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Mellykins Send a message via MSN to Mellykins Send a message via Yahoo to Mellykins
I was 14 and didnt have a care in the world.

Now I am on my second and FINAL Marriage, a SAHM to 2 girls with another baby on the way, and I have all the cares in the world.
July 3rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Alvia's Avatar Member
Location: Venezuela(at the moment), Wales(here's where we live)
I was 16 depressed and bulemic, I was very unhappy

Wife to the man since Feb 2006

blinkies thanks to lafemmebonita.com, spinkd, stephie1012, Elyia'nha
July 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM
summer74's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to summer74
10 yrs ago I was 16 and in High School and in a few months would start dating my DH!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search