Daddy Sympathy Symptoms

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Are you guys having any like me? I never have any problems with nausea, but I have since my wife has been preggers. Even before we knew I had it. Anyhow, I also get cravings for certain foods, like donuts. I don't have food aversions though, thank goodness.
July 9th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Regular
Quote:
Are you guys having any like me? I never have any problems with nausea, but I have since my wife has been preggers. Even before we knew I had it. Anyhow, I also get cravings for certain foods, like donuts. I don't have food aversions though, thank goodness. [/b]

Im gettin the same thing BUD! I noticed i have gained some weight also. I work out religously and i feel like im always hungry now. Or just want something to eat. Donuts, Sweets, Soda. Ya know all the bad stuff. LOL I have also noticed my stomache feeling a little rumbly. I feel like im the one gettin the morning sickness instead of my Finance. Along with the cravings and the nasuea. I also noticed I have alot more emotions. I read 60%-80% of Men with pregnant significant others will feel all of this. I dont' wanna sound like a wuss but i have noticed feelings get hurt more easily and even been grouchy more. LOL Im thinking when the Father To Be is in tune with his preggars other, we will feel that stuff. Just a sign of wantin to be there. I HOPE!! ha ha
July 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Are you guys having any like me? I never have any problems with nausea, but I have since my wife has been preggers. Even before we knew I had it. Anyhow, I also get cravings for certain foods, like donuts. I don't have food aversions though, thank goodness. [/b]

Im gettin the same thing BUD! I noticed i have gained some weight also. I work out religously and i feel like im always hungry now. Or just want something to eat. Donuts, Sweets, Soda. Ya know all the bad stuff. LOL I have also noticed my stomache feeling a little rumbly. I feel like im the one gettin the morning sickness instead of my Finance. Along with the cravings and the nasuea. I also noticed I have alot more emotions. I read 60%-80% of Men with pregnant significant others will feel all of this. I dont' wanna sound like a wuss but i have noticed feelings get hurt more easily and even been grouchy more. LOL Im thinking when the Father To Be is in tune with his preggars other, we will feel that stuff. Just a sign of wantin to be there. I HOPE!! ha ha
[/b]
I hope we want to be there.....lol

At least I am not the only one....
July 10th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Regular
so yeah. lol question for ya buddy...Does it feel like your being pushed away? Im gettin pasted the cravings now. But now feeling her hormones gettin tossed at me from every direction. Feel out of the circle and completely shut out because she is wantin to spend more time with family. Which is cool she has a family to lean on as a crutch. You feeling any of this?? IS THIS NORMAL??
July 10th, 2007, 03:53 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Last week I said I wasn't having sympathy feelings, but I had a serious craving for chicken the other day. I mean big time! I also ate ice cream for the first time in ages.

Somethings fishy is all I know.
July 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Regular
Quote:
Last week I said I wasn't having sympathy feelings, but I had a serious craving for chicken the other day. I mean big time! I also ate ice cream for the first time in ages.

Somethings fishy is all I know.[/b]
Man you would be loving it here then. Kristin's and I's apartment is right next door to Albertsons "kinda like an osco" You smell the roasted chicken at lunch and dinner. HA HA HA HA So how are everything goin so far? IM still tryin to understand the little lady's hormones seems like im being pushed away so i let her know i love her and that im there and just do my own thing
July 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Man you would be loving it here then. Kristin's and I's apartment is right next door to Albertsons "kinda like an osco" You smell the roasted chicken at lunch and dinner. HA HA HA HA So how are everything goin so far? IM still tryin to understand the little lady's hormones seems like im being pushed away so i let her know i love her and that im there and just do my own thing[/b]
Oh she's PO'd at me this week. I try to schedule my activities so I'm only gone one ar two evenings in any given week, but this week I'll be gone three nights sailing, pool, and cards. Atleast the cards are here, but I'm not in the house so that ticks her off.

To compensate I took her oldest to the movies today and I'm just generally trying to keep her kid free so she can rest.

The tiredness is what's the worst. It makes her irritable with me very easy.
July 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey guys... I'm popping in from the September 2006 playroom....

I just wanted to add that my boyfriend had cravings as well. One night I was at the mall and he called me asking to bring home one of those big cookie cakes!! I told him he was crazy and brought him home 2 slices instead.

And I think it's great that you all seem very supportive of your wives/gf's, etc!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

July 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
And I think it's great that you all seem very supportive of your wives/gf's, etc![/b]
If I'm not she'll kick my butt.
July 19th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

Research has shown that during a woman's pregnancy, her body gives off pheramones that causes the male's body to descrease testosterone production. Which would explain being a bit more... sensitive. It's totally normal.

Anyhow, DH gained about 20 lbs with this pregnancy and about 15 with the last one. And he got nauseated frequently (while I've never experienced morning sickness). My poor guy.
July 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
EEEEEKKKKkkkkk I don't want that!
July 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So that would explain why towards the end of the pregnancy my boyfriend sucked at being supportive!! He was away for work a lot, so he missed most of the third trimester.

NEXT TIME HE'S STAYING HOME!!! haha

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

July 23rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
So that would explain why towards the end of the pregnancy my boyfriend sucked at being supportive!! He was away for work a lot, so he missed most of the third trimester.

NEXT TIME HE'S STAYING HOME!!! haha[/b]
HAhaha!!! LMAO!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search