What does your partner do around the house to help?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
Your husband, boyfriend, wife, or girlfriend do around the house to help you out! List it!
July 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As far as housework goes, pretty much nothing. He does things when I ask him to thats about it. He used to do more, but now that I stay home I don't ask him to do anything. When he cooks for himself he usually cleans up after himself but not that well. lol. He takes Alexander any time I need to get stuff done though.

July 19th, 2007, 07:45 PM
AshesL78's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AshesL78
He does everything around here that I do. We work together.

Thank you rawisner!
Delaney 06/09/05, Xander 06/02/05, Alerric 08/06/03, Myranda 03/06/02, Zachary 07/02/96
<div align="center"></div>
July 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Hart_N_Sole
When he is home, he will change diapers, give meals, play with the kids... He also cooks for us, and he helps with the houswork if I need it - usually I don't, I keep an immaculate house, so there is never much for him to clean! LOL
July 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Your husband, boyfriend, wife, or girlfriend do around the house to help you out! List it![/b]
Ummm, well.... I do whatever she tells me to do.

Ken
July 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Jade89's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jade89
My man works during the day but he helps out with house work during the weekend.
July 24th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to SKBris07
As far as housework he doesn't usually go out of his way to do things without me asking. But I don't really ask much out of him as far as that goes. The way I see it, the BEST help he can be is to take the kids off my hands for a little while and I will get it done lol which he does. The first couple of weeks Em was home though he took care of almost everything while I adjusted to having yet another little one around But now things are starting to even out again, he is back to work full time....and I am still on maternity leave.

July 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
I am so lucky.......my DH loves to do laundry!! He loves it!!! He also takes care of the trash, lawn, windows and repairs. I don't even have to ask either. It's great!

xxx

July 25th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Doodle's Momma's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Doodle's Momma Send a message via Yahoo to Doodle's Momma
My DH will do things around the house if I ask him to. When Zoe came home he took all of her night feedings so that I could get some sleep after not having a solid nights sleep since before I got pregnant. If I get the laundry ready he will take it downstairs and get it in the machines. Usually folding it gets left up to me. I figure there are some things that are my responsibility since he works all day so that we have money to do things. When he gets home I sometimes dissapear into the office so that I can do stuff on the computer ( like being on justmommies ) We are still getting used to living together so the kinks are still being ironed out in sharing a house.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
July 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
nathansmom
DH does ALL of the outside chores (I do pick up dog droppings daily though)...he also does his own laundry, splits all the childcare with me when he is home (diapers, baths, feedings, etc)....he does all the bills & things like that, he cleans up after himself and will vacuum occasionally as well. He will also go to the grocery store if needed. Oh, and he does at least 50% of the cooking/cleaning up after dinner.....
July 26th, 2007, 10:44 AM
bookbizmom's Avatar Member
mine does NOTHING. Well maybe I'm being to harsh because anything kid related he will do and is good at. And he'll usually cut the grass after I've mentioned it's long 5 times.

wahm who loves her book biz!</span>
July 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
hmm. he'll vaccum and wash dishes if i ask..well, he'd pretty much do whatever, if i ask. and nag. I would just like to be able to come home and have him surprise me with a clean house. sigh. wishful thinking.
since we moved in together in march, he has not cleaned the bathroom once! and it gets pretty nasty. He has vaccumed once, when I asked, after my appendectomy. He does wash dishes a few times a week.
thats about it.

July 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM
irishxrose
DF cleans the kitchen because I hate doing dishes. He'll also do laundry. Really though it's about 50/50.
July 28th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
hmm. he'll vaccum and wash dishes if i ask..well, he'd pretty much do whatever, if i ask. and nag. I would just like to be able to come home and have him surprise me with a clean house. sigh. wishful thinking.[/b]
I kwym. I have to nag Mike to get him to do stuff. When we moved in together it took me so long to get him to understand that it is NOT ok to leave a huge mess in the kitchen when he is home and I am not. So it took me like a year but I finally got him to start cleaning up after himself at least. And he still leaves me stuff, just never usually a huge mess. He was good for awhile, but now that I stay home I think he feels like he shouldn't have to do anything.

July 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
He does more than I do! If I made a list, I'd be here all day. He does the grocery shopping, 99% of the cooking and most of the cleaning. He's a total neat freak (and I'm not!). The only 'chores' I really do are laundry and sometimes vacuuming -- both of which I don't mind doing. I hate most other chores so he does those.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
July 31st, 2007, 11:26 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my hubby does all the yard work and house maintainence. I do all the laundry and house cleaning. He does 98% of the cooking. (he gets home an hour before I do) I will cook on the weekends if he doesn't feel like it. We do the grocery shopping and bill paying together. I think we are pretty much 50/50. We work together well as a team.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search