How do you deal with...

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Jade89's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jade89
Upset tummies and teething.

My daughter is 2 and a half months and if teething right now so she is fussy but at the same time she has been having really bad gas. I bought some gas drops for her but it really doesn't seem to help. I've got teethers and baby orajel for her mouth and NOTHING is helping....she just screams and curls up her legs when she's gassy and when her gums are bothering her she screams until she's red in the face and that kind of scares me. Once in a while she will stop and want to chew on something but not very often. I'm at a loss...
July 20th, 2007, 11:01 PM
AshesL78's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AshesL78
Are you sure it's teething? Most babies don't start until around 5 months. You can put a washcloth in the freezer for her to chew on. The teethers with all the bumps on them are the best. You can massage her tummy or do bicycle movements with her legs to help the gas. A warm bath may also help.

Thank you rawisner!
Delaney 06/09/05, Xander 06/02/05, Alerric 08/06/03, Myranda 03/06/02, Zachary 07/02/96
<div align="center"></div>
July 21st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Jade89's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jade89
Quote:
Are you sure it's teething? Most babies don't start until around 5 months. You can put a washcloth in the freezer for her to chew on. The teethers with all the bumps on them are the best. You can massage her tummy or do bicycle movements with her legs to help the gas. A warm bath may also help.[/b]

Yep I am positive that she is teething, she has one that has just barely reached the surface. I've helped raise my siblings and honestly with this family everyone is ahead of what doctors say to be normal. Heck my mom said I had three teeth by her age. She is a strong little girl. She's already crawling to. Honestly I like to go by instinct because I think doctors are behind the times as far as how babies develope. I've seen more and more these days that do things and have things that they "shouldn't" at their age. Maybe it's just me though. I've tried baths and massaging her tummy. The bicycle movements make her scream so I don't do that. Never thought of the teethers with bumps on them I'll have to get a couple until then I will try the washcloth thing. Thank for the advice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search