No Fear

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2007, 12:56 PM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">
My son is almost 17 months old and this is by far the scariest age for me. He has no fear!!! NONE!!! This morning he thought it would be a good idea to climb onto the trunk we use as a coffee table and jump off onto the dog pillow. I was sitting on the floor when he did it, but I had my back turned, so I didn't see him climbing, he was so fast!! He didn't get hurt, THANK GOD, but I seriously can not let him out of my sight for a second! It makes it near to impossible to get anything done in the house. He's my little Dare Devil!

How about your little one? Are they risk takers as well?

xxx</span>

July 31st, 2007, 04:23 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son, no. He was one of those babies you could leave in a room and he wouldn't get into anything, he would just play with what ever toy your put in front of him. My daughter, definitely no fear there. She was my baby that got into everything. If she was out of your sight for a minute, she was into something she shouldn't be. She is 4 now, and still has no fear. Except for bugs. LOL

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

July 31st, 2007, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my sounds like a scary age! I have a feeling Xander will be just like that. DH was a pretty active daring kid. When he was 2 he left his house and walked up the street on a main road to his aunts apartment complex! He had no worries at all! His mom was sleeping. Luckily he didn't get hurt and he made it all the way to the swingset in her complex. His mom had a major panic attack the whole way there.
I just have a funny feeling that Xander inherited that also cuz I have been known to be a thrillseeker myself.

August 1st, 2007, 07:35 AM
Veteran
LOL! I was that way as a kid. I loved climbing up on things and jumping off. Then, in junior high I developed a sudden fear of heights. I got over it in college by sky diving Oh god I hope that kind of behavior is not genetic...
August 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Our boys are still too young... I am not really sure that Connor will be a fearless kind of child anyhow... We had an amazing thunderstorm blow through the other night, and he kept trying to go to the window to watch the rain, but a clap of thunder overhead would send him running for cover, LOL.
August 1st, 2007, 11:03 AM
** Mandy **

She doesn't take many risks actually. She just makes me nervous around stairs and that she could grab something she shouldn't have (especially when we are away from home).

August 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
nathansmom
Brady insists on copying Nathan....and Nathan is quite the jumper!

Brady's new thing is holding onto the railing when he is going up the stairs. The only problem with that---his legs are too short for him to actually walk up the stairs. So he sort of climbs/drags himself up each stair while trying to keep hold of the rail.....It is a disaster waiting to happen!!!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search