Upcoming Weekend Plans

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
So who's got any good plans for the weekend?

I was supposed to have a little card game, but that's looking doubtful. I may not have enough players, so I'll do it next weekend since I've already gotten commitments from plenty of guys.

The yard work is done and the garage is acceptably clean.

I have an EARLY Sat. morning Regatta to sail in (I'm not a good morning person). My FIL is the captain so it's good for points, if you know what I mean.

Gosh, I better find some "necessary chores" that are fun to do, or else I'll have to dip into the honey-do list.

What to do, what to do....?

Someone's got to have better plans then what I have. Go ahead, make me jealous. I won't cry... honestly...
August 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM

You won’t be jealous of me. I’ll be doing what I do most weekends, working on the house. I’m think the wife has me laying quarter round on floors I laid the last weekend. I also think she has me signed up to fix the paint job that she did on the walls somehow the ceiling got some of the wall paint on it (she did a wonderful job other than that). All the trim needs painting and the baby’s room also needs work but I haven’t even looked to see what needs work there. I hope the house is done by the time this baby comes.

Come to think of it all the cars need oil changes also...
I go to work during the week to relax from the weekends.
August 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Haha!!! I'm going to hopefully finish the new floors I've been putting down this weekend.
August 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Guys, you have it all wrong! You are supposed to hire someone else to do that flooring stuff for you. You just have to pretend that you have no idea how to do it. That's what I do. LOL

Love playing cards, especially Texas Hold Em. In fact, my buddies and I have not had a card game in about a month or so. I think it's time to give them a ring.

No definite plans here due mostly to the fact the Mrs. is feeling like poo right now. Probably mow the lawn and do some general cleaning around the house. And of course, I have to watch the Cubs play all weekend on the Hi-Def TV.
August 3rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Guys, you have it all wrong! You are supposed to hire someone else to do that flooring stuff for you. You just have to pretend that you have no idea how to do it. That's what I do. LOL

Love playing cards, especially Texas Hold Em. In fact, my buddies and I have not had a card game in about a month or so. I think it's time to give them a ring.

No definite plans here due mostly to the fact the Mrs. is feeling like poo right now. Probably mow the lawn and do some general cleaning around the house. And of course, I have to watch the Cubs play all weekend on the Hi-Def TV. [/b]
Nah, my wife knows I know how to do it. Me = p0wn3d

When we play cards, we don't play for enough to crush anyone, but we like it to sting a little. No one likes to lose money. Mostly we play Hold 'Em, Omaha Hi-Low, and different stud games. $1-$2 with a $60 minimum buy-in. Hold 'Em we play as Pot Limit and Omaha Hi Only we play with a $10 max bet anytime. Everything else is $1-$2.

I was called two weeks ago after making a $5 raise preflop, a $10 bet post flop, $25 on the turn and $50 on the River. The bastich had a pair of twos to my Ace hi. I was so upset with myself!

The wife is sleeping and I'm watching one of the kids...
August 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Higher stakes than we play. We usually have about 8 guys and each game is only a $10 buy in. Get a stack of chips and usually final two get the payout. Something like $60/$20. We usually play 3 or 4 games so the most you could lose is about $40. We also use the Poker Genie which has a timer and updates the small and big blind antes. Of course, we surround ourselves with many adult beverages. Man, it's time for another night of poker.
August 3rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
I know what you mean about the beverages. One of the main reasons we bought the house we're in is because it has a guest house out back. (I did the floors in it, too.) I can stumble my arse back to the house relatively safely.
August 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Yeah!!! We come in second place in our class!!!
August 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Quote:
Yeah!!! We come in second place in our class!!![/b]
Congrats! Do you have any pictures of your boat?
August 7th, 2007, 09:45 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah!!! We come in second place in our class!!![/b]
Congrats! Do you have any pictures of your boat?
[/b]
No pics, but it's a 34 Oday that belongs to my FIL. We're on it every Wednesday night.

I've never been a sailor, but I now know enough to get in trouble.
August 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
I'm going to play cards tonight and just relax and watch the race tomorrow.

The wife gets to have the house all to herself. No kids around. I'm glad because she could use the rest.
August 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Just finished mowing the lawn in this dang heat and now I'm watching the PGA Championship. Going to a friends house tomorrow to watch the final round while we grill up some meat and down some brewskis. What a great weekend.
August 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Man, don't talk to me about cutting grass, just see the "Cutting Grass" thread.

I guess I'll watch some of the Tiger Tourney before I have to leave and head up to the Eastern Shore for a few hours.

I'm recording the race at Watkins Glen for this evening, along with Entourage and John From Cincinnati.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search