Need some advice

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
My wife just today hit 10 weeks and has really been suffering from morning sickness pretty strongly. It hit hard first about 4 weeks ago and seemed to have let up earlier this week but the past few days have been very bad again. She feels like a truck has run her over and really can't do much other than lay around. She really can't keep much down at all. I have been trying my best to help her out but most of the time, I just feel pretty helpless. Everything I read tells me that it should be passing in the next couple of weeks and I try to remind her of that every day but of course, it doesn't really help at the moment when she feels so bad. I just feel horrible for her. If I could take it away and give it to myself, I would do it in a minute. Any guys have experience dealing with this nasty pregnancy issue?
August 3rd, 2007, 01:37 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Man that stinks. Wish I could help you out, but mine didn't get it that bad I guess.

Just hand her a garbage bag to blow in and go watch some TV.

Seriously, you better take care of her or you'll pay for it when she's real crabby and not sick anymore.

Wish I had some real help to offer.
August 4th, 2007, 03:03 PM
BekahW
Quote:
My wife just today hit 10 weeks and has really been suffering from morning sickness pretty strongly. It hit hard first about 4 weeks ago and seemed to have let up earlier this week but the past few days have been very bad again. She feels like a truck has run her over and really can't do much other than lay around. She really can't keep much down at all. I have been trying my best to help her out but most of the time, I just feel pretty helpless. Everything I read tells me that it should be passing in the next couple of weeks and I try to remind her of that every day but of course, it doesn't really help at the moment when she feels so bad. I just feel horrible for her. If I could take it away and give it to myself, I would do it in a minute. Any guys have experience dealing with this nasty pregnancy issue?[/b]

I don't mean to but in. But no woman want to hear about when it "should" be over. The best thing you can do is be there for her when she is sick. rub her back, get her water, make sure you pick up the slack around the house. Make sure to have some crackers around because that sure does help. It might go away and it might not. Her Dr. will know when to step in. IF she is drastically losing weight, I would advise her to call the Dr.
August 6th, 2007, 01:23 PM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Yes, rub the back. It'll earn you brownie points later. Trust me on this.

How's she doing since the weekend? I hope better.
August 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Thanks for the advice. She did have a much better weekend. She thought maybe because I was around to distract her from the queesies. lol She felt a little uneasy this morning but she seems to be getting her feet back a little bit. In the meantime, I am just trying to help out where I can. She is a school teacher and school starts in about 2 weeks so I'm hoping she feels much better by then.
August 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Yikes! I hope she feels better soon.

What grade does she teach?
August 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM
CubsWin's Avatar Member
Sorry for the late response. She teaches 4th grade and just yesterday had the kids for the first time. Hopefully this will be an easy year for her.

On a good note, it appears the morning sickness phase has passed for the most part. She is feeling much, much better but once in awhile she just gets a little queesy. Let's hope it stays away. Today marks 13 weeks exactly.
August 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
My wife just kind of gags every now and then. No more real throwing up.

Glad your wife is feeling better. Just in time, huh?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search