What to do...

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2008, 01:09 PM
My wife wants another baby but I am not sure I do. We have 3 already.. she thinks we should have a 4th so that Keira who is 7 months will have someone close to her age to grow up with. The other 2 are 8 and 12. Not sure what to do.
February 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
xniceguy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
My wife wants another baby but I am not sure I do. We have 3 already.. she thinks we should have a 4th so that Keira who is 7 months will have someone close to her age to grow up with. The other 2 are 8 and 12. Not sure what to do.[/b]
Tough call. You should express your uncertainty and give her some kind of explanation she can consider why NOT to have a 4th. Besides, I think having older siblings isn't such a bad thing. You always have models from which you can learn lessons (mistakes and triumphs) and for a large portion of your life (while they're off at college) get to be the center of attention!

I did chores around the house, so "center of attention" also meant double the labor lol.

</div>
March 4th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to MikePsych
There are pros and cons to both sides and it all comes down to personal choice. I can name reasons for not having large families and some for having them. I can do the same for them being close in age. In the end, it comes down to what's important to you and what you feel you can handle.

The best advice I can give? Do NOT just say no in some form. When people do that, there's a tendency to come across as hostile. Give reasons, even if it's uncomfortable. If you don't feel you can handle it, say it. Be sure to specify if it's more of a temporary thing. If you want to wait a while for whatever reason, say it. The overall thing here is to talk. And if it's uncomfortable, too you have to cope with it. Not talking and not understanding will only make things MUCH more uncomfortable.

I'd give more personal perspectives, but:
1) I'm (sadly) not really a daddy yet
2) I think this is something one should learn on their own about him or herself

Good luck!
May 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM
If you do not want, I think you can tell your wife directly. She will understand you. And I think your wife will suffer more than you. For she is a mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search