How well do you know her?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to MikePsych
Okay, this is just my strange curiosity. Any ladies reading, feel free to participate too.

We're going to see how well we all know our SOs.
Here's how it works:
1) Take a situation or response
2) Write down your prediction for what your SO will do
3) Put it in a sealed envelope
4) Check your prediction against the real thing

Rules:
1) See how many you can get out of 10
2) Don;t make things embarassing
3) Don't be a jerk about it
4) Don't post any specifics about what happened, just how many you're getting right and wrong

This is one of those fun things I learned as a kind of ice breaker. It's a great way to see how well you know someone.
March 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
xniceguy's Avatar Veteran
I think I'd be too bias and come up with situations where I'd know her response.

</div>
March 4th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to MikePsych
I should probably clarify: you're not creating the situation. You're just taking situations you know are coming up and trying to make a prediction. For example, if Michelle thinks someone parked like an #####, I know 9 times out of 10 she'll leave him a note. FOr that kind of thing, I would try to guess the tone of the note she'd leave, based on her mood at the time.
March 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
JustBreathe
I don't think it would be 9 times out of 10.. maybe 50% chance.

ETA: Yesterday doesn't count. That person had a post it under their windshield wiper COMING with that parking job.
March 4th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
*giggles at Michelle*

Come to Long Island, you wanna talk about crappy parking jobs.... they are EVERYWHERE
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
March 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:cracking up: Michelle... seriously, you leave notes on their car!? hahaha I can't believe you go out of your way to let someone know they did a crappy job parking! that is so funny!

March 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Quote:
:cracking up: Michelle... seriously, you leave notes on their car!? hahaha I can't believe you go out of your way to let someone know they did a crappy job parking! that is so funny![/b]
Hahaha. Yeah really.

I got one: Sometime this week Allison's dad is going to do something stupid and inconsiderate, and she's going to tell me all about it and then yell at her mom about it, who will do nothing and so she'll yell at her, then at me (just telling me about it though).

</div>
March 5th, 2008, 09:10 AM
JustBreathe
I absolutely do. I try my hardest to be a really nice and considerate person. When people park like IDIOTS and they KNOW IT, I'm sure, I keep post-its in my bag just for this reason {OK not really!}.

A couple of examples:

On.. I think our 2nd Thanksgiving together, we went to my Gram's condo, idk, place. So parking spots are assigned and there are 2 rows for visitors. Just two- and on holidays, they fill up. So this one person KNEW they couldn't fit their BOAT parking normally in the space without obstructing traffic going further into the lot. So he parked SIDEWAYS across the visitors row. He got a note in a very nice form: "Dear Sir. I'd like to thank you for being considerate of the needs of others to park. Happy Holidays!" I didn't even have to be rude of sarcastic. It didn't snow nor was it windy so I'm sure he got it, and I'm sure he felt like an idiot-- that was my point.

2 days ago, I had a meeting in a building on campus- Seton- which is a high-rise dorm with offices on the bottom 2 floors. The parking lot near is has very few student spots, so it is lucky lucky to get one. So Mike drove me there (it was the reason I was on campus-- I'm not too lazy to walk-- it was the 60 degree day) and there was ONE spot on the corner. Getting into it would have been ****** anyhow, and the person with the Toyota next to the spot parked like an idiot. We got in the spot, and I left something like "GREAT PARKING JOB" on a bright green post-it under the windshield wiper, probably making the driver think they got a ticket or warning from Campus Safety or the Lewiston Police.

Parking like idiots is definitely a thing that has become my personal crusade to stop.

Oh the little things about me that will inevitably come out as a result of my guy being on here.
March 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Oh, I got one.

She's going to sleep all day, be up until the wee hours of the morning, then sleep all day again. At some point she'll stay awake for well over 30 hours, and go into a coma.

</div>
May 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM
aBookasmommy
Michelle!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search