How nice do I need to be?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok so when MIL visited she left some stuff. Ok a lot of stuff. A book, a magnifying glass/reading light thing, shampoo & conditioner bottles (not original packaging), a magnifying make-up mirror. DH suggested boxing it up and sending it to her, I on the other hand am feeling cranky about what it will cost us to ship those items. They aren't little, and aren't light. So how nice should I be? Do I send the stuff or do I put it away until she comes again (which will hopefully be a few months). She hasn't asked us to send it so I'm inclined to just wait until we see her again. What do you think?

April 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't break my neck to send it if she hasn't said anything about it. Unless you don't want it sitting around your house, which is very understandable. You could store it, say, in the trash can?
April 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't send it. I'd box it up and store it somewhere for the next time she visits.

April 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
littleln's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pitch it.

My MIL leaves stuff all the time because they visit so darned often. They tell me that they are leaving stuff so that they don't have to bring it on the plane. Unfortunately for them, I don't really like them. So my little revenge trip is that I "accidentally" throw out some of the stuff they left for their next visit. This time I've thrown out her makeup and shampoo. When she asks I just say things like "Well, I was doing a little spring cleaning and I thought it was my stuff that I just hadn't used in awhile. If I haven't been using it, I must not need it, so I pitched it."

This last visit they actually left a nice pair of sneakers on our shoe rack. I'm trying to figure out a justification for throwing them out. They aren't my size or else I'd just wear them.

Thanks to pattiandthemoos for the great siggy!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
April 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Quote:
You could store it, say, in the trash can? [/b]

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
box it and stick the box in the garage, forget about it, if she doesn't want them next time she visits, thrift store. or trash.

April 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
I wouldn't even waste my time sending it back personally. If she wants her stuff back that bad, she can give you the money for the shipping costs. It's her stuff after all, not yours. Good luck.

May 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't send it...if she left it, she left it. I mean if I left something somewhere I think of it as my loss. If it was like a diamond necklace she got when her mom died then no doubt I would send it. But I wouldn't send stuff that really is non essential to mail when she can easily get new shampoo and stuff. Save it for her next visit...but I wouldn't send it.

My MIL lives like a mile away tho so I wouldn't have that problem. But when they move to Mexico my problems are simple...because they can't exactly get mail because it takes forever and where they will move too, people steal the mail so chances of them getting it is slim
<div align="center"><div align='center'>KENDRA & JUNIOR</div><div align="center">MARRIED SINCE 10/24/2006</div></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SAMYERA CHARLEE-JO</div><div align="center">8/27/07</div><div align="center">5LBS 14OZ 19IN</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SHYLAH OLAVEE JORDYNN 9/14/08</div><div align="center">7LBS 13OZ, 20.5 IN</div><div align="center">BREASTFEEDING SINCE 9/14/08</div>
May 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Generally Crispy
I guess I am pretty darn happy my inlaws all think I am the epitomy of evil and stay far away. The only time I really even have to see or deal with them is at the holidays (particularly Christmas and turkey day). I guess I am not really fond of them either. If they asked to come say at my house I would let them know that I saw the sign at holiday in said vacancies!
May 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Blech. I just stuck it away. Actually the book and magnifying glass are still on the kitchen counter and I've been meaning to put them with the other stuff. She hasn't asked again. I guess if DH wants to go send it, he can, but I know he won't so it will have to sit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search