Umm... what??

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2008, 02:28 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we're going over to my inlaws' house today. I'm a little frustrated because I can't exactly take the kids' cribs with me so I have to either bring two pack and plays or attempt to get one of the kids to sleep in the bed with us. It's gonna be a fun trip, that's for sure!

So I'm already stressed out when my DH tells me that we have to bring food for our visit. I'm thinking he's talking about food for Emilee (who's just under 2 years old). No, he means food for us. Apparently, my MIL "can't afford" to feed us while we're there. That's great, but then she shouldn't have invited us in the first place, or she should have told us this WEEKS ago. We tend to buy the majority of our food for the month at the beginning of the month, so by now, it's the 18th and we have our shelves stocked as well as our fridge/freezer. I don't really understand this whole buying food for us to eat there.... honestly, how hard is it to double a recipe?

I'm just frustrated and I want to cry.

April 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You've got to be kidding me! So you have to eat different food or did she give you a list of what they are having? That's insane!

April 18th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I've seriously never heard of forcing you to bring your own food. wow. WOW.

uhh... there there... good luck? (I am at a loss for words)

myspace
April 18th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow is all i can say

i would make sure she dosent eat your food
April 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She literally didn't have any food in the house. Whatever.... we bought stuff for tuna casserole and we ate before we got there on Friday night. Seriously, what were they going to do, not eat? I mean, really. I don't have a lot of money in my food budget, but I make it STRETCH and last! Geez.

Anyhow, it was a drama-filled trip, but that's a whole other post in itself. Ugh.

April 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
please tell me you are joking! That's CRAZY!! You poor thing!
April 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
some of my family has tried pulling that crap on me, but oh its okay for them to eat out my entire house when they come over!

i wouldnt go.
April 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
I would NOT have gone.

That is ridiculous!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
That is the stupidest thing ever. If someone were to tell me I had to bring my own food, I wouldn't even show up. Don't invite me over if I have to bring my own food. It makes sense if it's a little cook-out and everyone brings a dish to pass, but if you have to bring your own meals for the weekend... that's just dumb.

May 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't have went...I mean seriously, even if I had no food. I would tell everyone to have one serving and eat lightly.

One of my pet peeves is people inviting people place and telling them to bring food.
<div align="center"><div align='center'>KENDRA & JUNIOR</div><div align="center">MARRIED SINCE 10/24/2006</div></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SAMYERA CHARLEE-JO</div><div align="center">8/27/07</div><div align="center">5LBS 14OZ 19IN</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SHYLAH OLAVEE JORDYNN 9/14/08</div><div align="center">7LBS 13OZ, 20.5 IN</div><div align="center">BREASTFEEDING SINCE 9/14/08</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search