Did your ILs...

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your ILs behave at your wedding?

My BIL dyed his hair from bright red (cherry red not natural red hair color) to bleach blonde the morning of the wedding. Talk about worrying how your wedding pictures were going to look! My MIL was pretty late, we almost didn't have time to take the pictures we wanted to before the ceremony. She also looked and acted drugged the whole time. It was pretty bad. She also wore this peach prom type dress that was terrible.

April 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
JenAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this board, I've lurked for a few weeks, but I'm posting.

My ILs insisted we have a big wedding, rather than the small intimate marriage at the courthouse that I wanted. This is my second marriage, DH's first. His parents said that a courthouse marriage 'just didn't count' - FYI my parents got married at the courthouse and have a very healthy relationship whearas the ILs got married traditionally and have slept in separate bedrooms for the past 10 years!

DH's uncle is a minister, so he performed our ceremony. He and I butted heads the entire time. He wanted to turn the entire ceremony into one big 'holy roller thank ya Jesus for this happy couple' thing, and I wasn't cool with it. Half of my family isn't religious at all, and the other half are Jewish. I ended up writing the vows for DH and I to say to each other, and then the uncle has the nerve to tell me that the way I've written them doesn't flow well! Hello! I was a frickin journalism major! I know how to write! LOL!

April 21st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Veteran
We had a courthouse wedding, I didn't want a big wedding. I had seen all the stress my cousins had gone through, and I din't want it, LOL! Our siblings weren't even invited, just parents and one friend each. Yeah right! SIL invited herself and her husband, and my DH didn't have the nerve to tell them no. I didn't know they were coming until I arrived at the courthouse, he, however, found out several hours earlier. That was bad enough. Everybody dressed nice, not "wedding" nice, but the women wore dresses and the men wore suits. Well, almost everybody. SIL shows up wearing dirty, ripped up jeans (the woman is 45 BTW) and a NEON YELLOW EEYORE T-SHIRT!!! And she managed to show up in evey friggin' picture! I can't stand them.

Brandi
April 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
surprisingly yes - although my MIL sat with a pained expression on her face and her purse in her lap the entire day and evening, looking like she had eaten something bad and needed a bathroom pronto.

Oh, and DH's stepbrothers wouldn't be in our family photos, and went to a bar instead. And later we caught it for not having them in our family photos. Gee, I'm so sorry.
April 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
other than whering black and makeing me pose for a pic with eery guest at the wedding,
keep keep insiting that they would think i was rude if i dident make sure i had a pic with them (we had about 200 people)
also she keep inisting she would not help pay for no part of the wedding, so we dident ask her for nothing and then 2 days before the wedding one of her co workers asked what she was doing for the rehersal dinner and she was like huuu?? so they told her that the grooms mom tipically takes care of the rehersal dinner and she was all mad at me for not telling her this and just planing it myself when all along she keep telling me she wouldent pay for nothing so i just thought she dident want no part of it so then at the last miniut she changed my plans to take eeryone to a buffet and had some stuff catered in and ended up paying more for that dinner than what dinner for 200 people at the recepiton cost
April 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
We havent had our wedding yet, but she better not. I WILL ask her to leave.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
April 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
My Inlaws didn't even MAKE it to our wedding because of their behavior during the planning. Our wedding was immediate family only. We wanted our parents to get to know each other because they had never met. My MIL insisted on having her sister and her youngest son's girlfriend at our wedding. When we confronted her and told her they were not invited, she flipped out and started saying all sorts of nasty things about me. My MIL even bought her son's girlfriend a plane ticket behind our backs and then when we asked her why, she was just like, "well the more the merrier!" A little bit after that, DH's dad said that if the girlfriend couldn't come to the wedding then they weren't going to come. We said FINE and uninvited them from the wedding. They got ticked off and continued to talk crap. They still have not let it go to this day and they still harass us. It's getting to the point that we will be taking legal action soon. The harassment needs to stop. It's their fault that they weren't at the wedding. They uninvited themselves with their childish behavior.

May 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I got married in the courthouse, my sister was the only one who was invited. We didn't tell his parents or sisters lol my family of course knew. They aren't the kind of people who invite themselves and stuff you know?

Well the day of, everyone was outside and DH and I came not dressed really nice, but I wore a skirt and him nice pants and a shirt lol They all asked what we were doing and thats when we sprung it on them. His mom was like "WHAT??? I would go, I will get ready." Everyone said that...but DH was like, we are already late we don't have time to wait around and our appointment is soon, so she just pulled out the cameras before we left and did a few pictures and then we left.

None of his family even knew we were engaged...in fact we were never really "engaged" he said lets get married, I made the calls and then we got married. We were 18 and already lived together so we just made it legit and told his family VERY last minute
<div align="center"><div align='center'>KENDRA & JUNIOR</div><div align="center">MARRIED SINCE 10/24/2006</div></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SAMYERA CHARLEE-JO</div><div align="center">8/27/07</div><div align="center">5LBS 14OZ 19IN</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SHYLAH OLAVEE JORDYNN 9/14/08</div><div align="center">7LBS 13OZ, 20.5 IN</div><div align="center">BREASTFEEDING SINCE 9/14/08</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search