THE EVIL MIL!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Zombiie Send a message via Yahoo to Zombiie
I'm not married yet, but my finance's mom plays a big role in our life.

I'm honestly sick of her and I want to tell her off.

March -- She didn't like the way I was doing my laundry so she took me to the laundry mat.. She was telling me what to do when to do and how to do. I tried to open dryer door and she yelled at me[it was a sunday afternoon so 20 people must have been there.] I kept telling her my clothes were in there.. Well she never let me get my clothes out, resulting in me losing 6 pairs of pants, and a few band t-shirts.

I brought this up to her. Her answer was "Well if you didn't have so many clothes it wouldn't have happened, now you have to save money to buy new pants." Sorry we don't have money just sitting around for that. I feel she owes me money for those things.

She likes to come into my house and tell me how I'm suppose to wash my dishes, how to clean this or that. If I have paper work sitting on the couch that I'm working on she will tell me my house isn't clean and I'm white trash.

She even went out of her way to plan our meals for the week, to tell me how to cook.

My finance is taking auto classes because he wants to own his own shop. His mom is mad about that and keeps blaming me, and saying we are going to be nothing but blue color workers all our life. She wants him in law school.

I'm about to go crazy with her!

I also found out that my soon to be MIL and SIL like to google my name and look for whatever message boards I'm on or look for myspace. My SIL called my finance yelling at him because she didn't know we are engaged.

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
May 3rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
Hi, are you my twin sister? Seriously...

My MIL (and the rest of the inlaws) act that way with me. They blame everything on me, even if I have nothing to do with it. They stalk me on MySpace. If they knew I posted here, they would stalk me around this message board as well. It's the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I'm sorry that you live so close to your inlaws though. I am SO glad that DH is not talking to his "family" at all and that we live across the country from them. They all live in Illinois, so watch out.... maybe all really crazy and deluded inlaws come from Illinois. I even deleted a MySpace page and got a new one... they found it and STILL insist on reading everything about me. Just remember though, they have nothing better to do with their lives but to read about YOURS. That's how lame they are. If I were you, I'd keep your doors locked at all times. If they come over, don't answer the door. If they call, don't pick up the phone.

How does your fiance feel about their behavior?

May 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Tanya! Welcome to the board. I'm Stephanne, the co-host of this board. I think that it's required for MILs to tell you how to take care of their "babies." My MIL is always telling me what I "should" be doing and how to do it. I think she should pay for your clothes too. Good luck with hat one!

May 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Zombiie Send a message via Yahoo to Zombiie
Quote:
Hi, are you my twin sister? Seriously...

My MIL (and the rest of the inlaws) act that way with me. They blame everything on me, even if I have nothing to do with it. They stalk me on MySpace. If they knew I posted here, they would stalk me around this message board as well. It's the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I'm sorry that you live so close to your inlaws though. I am SO glad that DH is not talking to his "family" at all and that we live across the country from them. They all live in Illinois, so watch out.... maybe all really crazy and deluded inlaws come from Illinois. I even deleted a MySpace page and got a new one... they found it and STILL insist on reading everything about me. Just remember though, they have nothing better to do with their lives but to read about YOURS. That's how lame they are. If I were you, I'd keep your doors locked at all times. If they come over, don't answer the door. If they call, don't pick up the phone.

How does your fiance feel about their behavior?[/b]
OMG that is so crazy. I never thought anybody would have inlaws like this. LOL I think the crazy ones do come from Illinois. They live about 8 minutes away from us, driving distance.

my fiance gave up on his mom a long time ago. When I first meet her she seemed so sweet, he told his mom is evil and told me childhood stories about her.. She's in her mid 60's so I thought she'd calm down by now. but she hasn't. I'm so lucky I have a break from them, they are on vacation in Argentina for 3 weeks, they come back in 4 days.

It seems like no matter what I do its ALWAYS wrong!

Quote:
Hi Tanya! Welcome to the board. I'm Stephanne, the co-host of this board. I think that it's required for MILs to tell you how to take care of their "babies." My MIL is always telling me what I "should" be doing and how to do it. I think she should pay for your clothes too. Good luck with hat one![/b]
We are waiting to TTC until next year because of my PCOS.
I think once my MIL finds out I'm pregnant out of wedlock she'll disown us.
Or
She will be the over controlling MIL.

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
May 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was referring to her actual "baby" (your fiance) but it gets even worse when it comes to the grandkids. They are trying to correct all their mistakes with their kids and tell you how to do it! Blech!

May 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How does your fiance feel about their behavior?[/b]

I think this is the REAL question here....if your DF sees nothing wrong with your behavior, all I can say is RUN! But if he stands by you and is willing to stand up for you then you've at least got a fighting chance...

ETA: sorry, I just saw your second post that your DF had given up on her already...GOOD! So you both are on the same page...

I wouldn't let her in your house unless your DF is there, go anywhere with her without him, etc. She really sounds like a piece of work....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search