Never Ending Thread - May

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK ladies, let's see how many posts we can get this month. Say whatever's on your mind, not IL related because I'd like to keep those in seperate threads. Feel free to respond to others too!

Samuel has been sick. Poor baby. It was so ironic. On Thurs. I responded to a post on another forum asking if our child had ever thrown up, and I happily responded "no" and then on Fri. he threw up twice. Go figure!

May 4th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Veteran
I hate when that happens, LOL! Poor kid.

Does anybody have any tips on getting a 2 year old to actually stay in the toddler bed? I don't know what to do, he goes to sleep with no problems for his nap and at bed time. The problem is he sleeps for a few hours and then wakes up at 1 or 2 in the morning and wants to sleep in my bed! I've even tried keeping him up until 10:30 or 11 at night and it doesn't help.
May 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ehh most people think how i goy my 2yr old to say in bed all night wins me the bad mom award of the year but i put a telaision in his room so then when he woke up his fae show thomas and friends was on and he fell back asleep waching it

now if he wakes he turns it on himself
May 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Veteran
I'm considering doing that! I almost bought him one of those Lightnig Mcqueen tvs, but it was $200! Nope, I'll find a plain one for cheaper somewhere else.
May 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
We just moved Samuel to a twin bed but I lay down with him until he goes to sleep and then when he wakes up he just gets up and comes out. At night if he wakes up I go to him. It's not difficult though because we're in a one bedroom until our house in MI sells so his bed is in the same room as ours. I don't think he would stay in it if I didn't lay down with him until he went to sleep.

Now I'm sick! Yuck! I hope we're both better because I want to go to mom's group on Wednesday, it's recipe swap and try day, Yummy!

May 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Regular
It took me a little while to get my two daughters (4 and 3) to sleep in their own bed when they started living with me five days out of the week (before it was half and half and it was a nightmare because their dad lets all the kids sleep in his bed if they want when they are at his house). We started with a TV for awhile but after about a month we moved the TV out of their room and instead they get dinner and a movie every night with daddy (their stepdad) and /or mommy if I'm not working and when the movie is done that was it. The first few nights they cried and fussed but now they are pros at it. Even when they wake up during the night they don't want to come into mommy and daddy's room they just want a drink or have to pee. We tuck them back in and they fall right back asleep.
May 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice on how to get kids to sleep in there own bed. How do you get a mommy to let go of her baby to let her lay in her own room. She will be one month on the 7th and she is still in our room in her bassinet.
May 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Quote:
I have no advice on how to get kids to sleep in there own bed. How do you get a mommy to let go of her baby to let her lay in her own room. She will be one month on the 7th and she is still in our room in her bassinet.[/b]
Now I really have no advice on that one! He slept in our room in a pack n play and with us for almost 14 months! I just couldn't put him in his own room at the other house. When we moved for DH's new job, we still haven't sold that house, so we had to go as cheap as possible for renting here and so we have a 1 bedroom and we put his crib in with us because we had no choice. I was secretly glad But the crib never really worked for him. He hated it and the pack n play really too, which is why he ended up co-sleeping most of the night. About a month ago we got him a twin bed, still in the only bedroom with us. And now he sleeps all night in his bed which is heavenly and has even started sleeping through the night. I just lay down with him for him to go to sleep or if he wakes up at night and then I can get up and go to our bed. It was the transition from me holding him to his crib that killed us every time so the twin bed fixed that problem. And he is so proud of his big boy bed. The first time my mom visited after he got it, he was telling her "bed, bed" and took her in there to show her and climbed up to show her how he sleeps in it. It was so cute! But here's the thing. I've never regretted any of it. So what if he didn't sleep in his own room? I was comfortable with the arrangement and uncomfortable with putting him in there by himself. It's ok to do what you are most comfortable with. I've heard that babies don't start to become aware of where they are sleeping until around 3 months so if you want her in her own room but aren't quite ready, you've still got some time. Otherwise, just do what you want to. It's just fine.

May 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Veteran
It was really hard for me to let Ian sleep in his room when he was so little. His room was way across the other side of the house. So, he slept in our room in his crib for almost a year!
Oh well, at least I could sleep peacefully knowing I would hear him if he woke up. I wish I could sleep peacefully like that now, LOL!
May 6th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I guess I wasn't the only one then! Once our house sells and we move into a house we will do his own room. We will do the own room thing earlier when we have a new baby though. The house we are going to have built will have a small bedroom next to ours. If I'm already pg when we move then he will take one of the other bedrooms and we will make that one the nursery, otherwise we will put him there until a few months before we have another.

May 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
My mom's coming today because tonight is the Mother/Daughter Dinner at our church. I love having my mom here. I'm so excited. We bought her a necklace with Sam's birthstone in it for Mother's Day. She has no idea so I can't wait to give it to her.

May 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Veteran
That sounds sweet, I bet she will love it! We got my mom a Mother's ring for Christmas with all of our birthstones on it, she's wanted one for like 15 years, and she she cried for about an hour she was so happy.

We are going on vacation in about 2 weeks! YAY! It's only 4 days, but we're going to the beach and I'm so exited. This will be Ian's first trip to the beach.
May 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Oooh I love the beach! That sounds like so much fun. We have to wait until July for our next vacation. I can't wait to hear what everyone got for Mother's Day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search