My SIL Vent

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I never liked my SIL...not even the first time I met her when DH and I were dating. She is one of those self absorbed girls who thinks SHE is the ONLY person in the world and everything needs to go through her.

Well she was in another state so I didn't have to worry about her. I ended up pregnant and thats when she started TTC when she found out I was pregnant, which don't bother me. But I lost the twins and got pregnant RIGHT after. Then she would tell everyone DH and I copied her and got pregnant because she was pregnant. That bugged me but DH and I left it alone. We figured no point in letting her steal our happiness. She was horrible though. She wouldn't go to the doctor because she said they needed money for "better things" OK, how is a car better then your child? That pissed me off to no end.

Then she would ask me to ask my doctor questions for her. Of course I said no straight off. I said she can go to a doctor and get it taken care of herself. I won't help out there. Well she was about 35w when she finally went and found out she had GD and blamed EVERYONE for not taking her to the doctor (meaning pay for it)

Then it was just pure heck throughout the pregnancy...she used it as an excuse for everything. She wouldn't pick up a sock, I mean literally. Her mom had to be her servant and do it for her.

Then when her daughter was born, she completely didn't care for her. 6 days later my daughter was born, she would tell everyone that my baby was fat and everything to that extent. She had a 7lb baby and then my daughter was 5lbs 14oz, she through a HUGE fit just because my daughter was smaller. So what??? It isn't a competition. If it was my choice I would want my daughter to have been a more healthy weight.

Then she started saying my daughter will be slow because of her size. But now she is mad because her daughter doesn't do what my daughter does.
For instance, my daughter rolled over at 2 months, hers 4
My daughter sat on her own at 4 months, hers 5
My daughter crawled (backwards tho) at 5 months, hers 6 1/2
My daughter crawled crawled at 7 months, hers still has yet too
My daughter can stand up and climb on things (even walls), hers still can't
So this makes her mad. She doesn't want to ever see my daughter, and when she does want to see her, she just gets mad when I talk to my MIL about what new things she does. I don't tell my SIL, and I don't say it in front of her...but my MIL eggs it on by rubbing it in my SIL's face.

Well she has been in Mexico for about a month. But before she left she was never with her kids...she worked from 6am-9pm because her husband was here illegally, got fired and couldn't find work. Then now she is in the hole. Her husband sold her car...cheated on her, and well now they are breaking up. She is stuck up there with 2 kids, no money because he took her money and I told her not to let him have control. We all knew he was using her. He was a huge flirt and he always messed around on her, it was a given. Well now she is still on her high horse. Saying DH and I will break up because if someone couldn't love her, then no one would definately stay with me long enough. I won't comment because she did this to herself. We all read the signs. She ignored them and now she is stuck in Mexico without anything. She is already giving her daughter 2% milk, and people food AT 8 MONTHS because she has "Better" things to buy.

I don't know what to do, I want to pummle her to the ground. But that wouldn't make a difference. I just wish she would get over herself, put her kids first and quit playing dumb. She doesn't want my FIL sending her money because she said she will get her husband back...SHE WALKED IN ON HIM. I don't get how someone can be that stupid. DH thinks she is stupid and he thinks that she is also just about to give up her kids to make things work out with her husband. Which I say she should because my MIL raised them, but now she is hiding her kids and for all we know starving them just to prove to her husband he is still #1 and not these kids.
<div align="center"><div align='center'>KENDRA & JUNIOR</div><div align="center">MARRIED SINCE 10/24/2006</div></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SAMYERA CHARLEE-JO</div><div align="center">8/27/07</div><div align="center">5LBS 14OZ 19IN</div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center">DD SHYLAH OLAVEE JORDYNN 9/14/08</div><div align="center">7LBS 13OZ, 20.5 IN</div><div align="center">BREASTFEEDING SINCE 9/14/08</div>
May 6th, 2008, 01:12 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, she's a piece of work! I guess you should be flattered that she is so jealous of you! You've got everything she wants, a stable home, loving husband, beautiful, smart daughter, and on and on... I'm sorry that she's being such a witch, but unfortunately some people are just like that. They believe that the world owes them everything and that they don't have to take responsibility for making bad choices in their life. There are consequences for picking a husband that you should know will cheat on you. Unfortunately, those types of people are often jealous and bitter towards those in their life that made responsible and good choices because their life is turning out the way they wished theirs would go. They just can't see their own role in their problems.

May 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
NYJenn
Wow! sounds like my SIL, well the competitiveness. Our boys are 11 days apart and from day 1(pregnancy) she was a pain in the arse!! She couldn't understand why I showed before her, for Pete's sake, she wore a belly shirt to my little cousin's communion party. Her son is 11 days older then my son, the only thing her son did before my kid was rollover and first tooth. My son sat up, crawled, walked, talked, potty trained and so on and it BOILED HER UP! Mind you our kid's are 6 1/2 years old and my nephew still wears a diaper to bed. Why? I think because she was so pushy on that little boy to catch up to my kid. It's rather sad and I really feel bad for my nephew. My SIL even told me she was jealous that Anthony did more then her son Just be thankful you have a healthy child rather than stressing about who does what first!

I have a 4 1/2 month old baby boy and o boy, when she found out I was pg Haha I'll leave it at that!

Don;t pay your SIL no mind, hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search