AGH! My SIL will be the end of me.

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
She is 21 and very immature. She likes to spread everything on MySpace. We moved an hour and a half away and it was the greatest thing. However, we are moving back to our hometown in August. I just wish there was something I could do.

May 15th, 2008, 06:29 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sister is the same way, except the MySpace thing because she's computer illiterate. We've all learned that if you don't want it repeated, then she can't find out. It's sad but the way it is. We have to be careful what we say around her because she will throw you under the bus in a second, she has no loyalty to her family. She'll use whatever she can to get ahead. We all used to work together at a daycare right after I was out of college, my mom is still the assistant director, I worked there, DH worked there, my sister worked there, my aunt worked there, and my brother worked there in the summers. My mom knew she could tell the rest of us anything about the office politics but we all knew better than to say a word of anything to her! Good luck on that one. I would just be really careful with what I let her know and if that means keeping other family members out of the loop too since they can't see her problem, then so be it. And if you need to talk to your DH about what you want her to not know then do it.

May 15th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Veteran
That sucks that you have to move back closer to her, I'm sorry.
May 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM
We DH and I got engaged we originally picked a February date, SIL and BIL were getting married in November of the previous year. When BIL told her we were getting married, she said and I quote "I can't believe they are doing this to ME. They are going to take all OUR GLORY AWAY!" Good thing we were in the next room to hear that little gem. HAHAHAHAHAH! So now that we are trying for baby #2 (She is preggo with their second Due in August or September), we are not telling ANYONE until way after her baby is born...wouldn't want to steal her glory again. HAHAHA.

May 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's insane! Getting married the same month, maybe, but 3 months later, give me a break. Personally, I wouldn't wait to tell everyone. Don't let her jealousy keep you from sharing your good news and allowing others to share in your joy. Of course, wait until you want the whole world to know, but I wouldn't wait one minute longer than YOU want to, not on her account.

May 17th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Make.A.Wish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That's insane! Getting married the same month, maybe, but 3 months later, give me a break. Personally, I wouldn't wait to tell everyone. Don't let her jealousy keep you from sharing your good news and allowing others to share in your joy. Of course, wait until you want the whole world to know, but I wouldn't wait one minute longer than YOU want to, not on her account.[/b]

I completely agree, don't let her ruin anything for you, I mean geez your still allowed to talk and breath, right?

May 18th, 2008, 09:37 AM
[/quote]

I completely agree, don't let her ruin anything for you, I mean geez your still allowed to talk and breath, right?
[/quote]

NO! This is her universe, I just live here.

May 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
That is so stupid. I have a hard time holding my tongue around people like that. I would eventually tell her that the world does not revolve around here and she needs to grow up. Sorry you have to deal with her crap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search