My ILs did something super nice for us!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2008, 07:23 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We moved in Oct for DH to get a new job and we have a house back in MI that's been up for sale for a year. We're living in a cheap 1 bedroom but really want to build a house. We found the perfect piece of land right on the edge of town, close so that we don't have to drive far to the church (like 2 miles) but is 4 acres because DH really wants some space like we had back in MI (we had 5 acres there). We've been afraid to take a loan in case the house doesn't sell for a long time and we get pg meaning there would be no way we could live where we are any more so that would mean a new place with higher rent. But it's been making us sick to think that the land might get sold to someone else before our house sells and we buy it. So my ILs are giving us a $20,000 interest free loan so that we can buy it! I'm so excited and relieved. It's not that we can't afford to make payments right now, we could do $200/month comfortably but I'm not sure what would happen if our situation changes so it will be nice to know that the land is ours and if things get hard they won't care if we stop or lower the payments we're making until the house sells. It doesn't hurt that we won't have to finance that part either and save all that money in interest! Yay ILs! They can be good sometimes!

May 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Veteran
WOW! That is very nice of them. I'm impressed, in-laws actually doing nice things. That's nice to hear, it gives hope. LOL! Seriously though, I'm happy for you.
June 6th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Super Mommy
That's great! My ILs are very generous, too, but I don't know if they'd give us $20,000!

Visit my blog

</div>
June 6th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Hi Carrin!!!

Well, we do have to pay it back! But we'll be closing on it in a couple weeks. It's so nice to drive by and see the For Sale sign gone and know that it's because it's ours!

June 6th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
Stephanne, even having to pay it back, I don't think the ILs would do that!

Visit my blog

</div>
June 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I knew my ILs were well off, but I didn't realize they just had $20,000 lying around! But DH was telling MIL about looking into loans and she said that DH's grandparents gave them an interest free loan for about the same amount after they were first married to buy a car and she thought that she and FIL might be able to do the same for us. When DH talked to FIL, FIL said that the money wasn't making much interest anyway, so he might as well loan it to us! Yeah, it was super nice and I'm still in shock a bit too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search