I know it's early..

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Veteran
Who are you spending the holidays with? IL's or your family, or do you switch around?

August 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Veteran
I'm having panic attacks about that question this year! My daughter was born in June and Christmas is a big holiday for both families. My inlaws will insist that we spend the night but I like staying the night at my family's house. I've been fretting this since last christmas when we told everyone we were having a baby.

My view though, I wasn't invited to the future inlaw's christmas last year (DF and I have been together over 4 years now) then I shouldn't make them top priority this year.
Then again maybe I'm being too hard..

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 7th, 2008, 07:06 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This year we will spend it in FL with my family. We go every other year. Last year we were in Chicago with my ILs or rather without my ILs since my MIL was "so sick" on the plane that they took her to a hospital in St. Louis when they landed there and they didn't even arrive at DH's grandparent's house until after Sam was in bed on Christmas Day. Yeah, she absolutely ruined Christmas. It was awful. I was so mad because it was the first Christmas that he actually would have enjoyed it because he was only 4 months old his first Christmas and we didn't get to have the excitement of Christmas morning because we had to wait on them, he didn't even get to eat Christmas dinner with the family because DH's grandma delayed until the ILs got there and he had to go to bed. We are going to be at Disney World on Christmas morning this year and I'm so excited. We'll bring the gifts with us and a small Christmas tree. It's going to be sooo much fun!

August 7th, 2008, 10:24 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
well, we tend to go to my parents for the actual celebration but do two other mini get togethers... one with FIL and one with MIL and her BF.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Veteran
We are having Christmas with MY family for a change. We'll go to the IL's probably after New Year's. My family always gets shoved to the side...not this year though!
August 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This Christmas won't be as bad since the baby won't be born yet but next year...ugh, I don't even want to think about it. MIL is probably going to get mad at me...again. But I'm sorry, they don't have a set time every year and the never want to make plans until like the day of, well my family always does a late party on Christmas Eve and since they are 2.5 hours away, we spend the night and do Christmas morning with my niece and nephew.

That actually probably will change after the baby though, I'm hoping I can talk my cousin who hosts the party into moving it to a weekend so that DH and I can do Christmas Morning with the baby at our house each year. In fact, I'd prefer to go nowhere on Christmas, and start a tradition that we spend that day as a family (DH, me and the baby).
August 18th, 2008, 06:29 AM
mom2nate
It's actually pretty easy for us. Nathan's 1st Christmas we did the usual, Christmas Eve at my mom's and Christmas Day at MILs. However we explained to them that after that year we would be spending Christmas together at home as a family. We still do Christmas Eve at my mom's but we're home for Christmas Morning with Nathan. We didn't want him to have Christmas Morning in a hotel room and not understand why Santa doesnt' come to his house, etc....so we go to my husband's family the weekend before and take our gifts. Luckily my husband wants to spend as little time with his family as possible because he knows they're pains in the butts
August 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my mil will probley be down at our house, my dh is an only child and shes devorced so dosent really have aneyone elce to be with

dh dosent like going aneywher on holladays, he said when he was growing up on christmas he was always going to peoples houses, never staying home playing with his new toys like he wanted and would just rather people came to us
August 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
We dont even know if we are going to make the trip this year. And from the last Christmas visit we had here with the inlaws, I surely don't want to do that again. I was so stressed. After this year though, when we move back to Missouri, we will definitely spend the mornings at our own house. If they want to come they can, but we will NOT be waking our son up before dawn just to go to their house for their selfish reasons. And it sucks, because they refuse to change things so that we might be able to see our neice open her gifts... If they would do it at another time everyone could be included. Oh well.. Their loss.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search