Getting annoyed....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far things weren't too bad. Then today we talked about going out. We need to grocery shop and we were talking about driving to a nearby bigger town and walking the nature garden paths, going to the mall, out to eat, etc. Well, it is now almost 1 PM. FIL woke MIL up at around 10 am to get going for the day. Yup, 3 hours later, still not ready to go. The worst part is that ummm, Sam's nap time is fast approaching. He is going to be a huge grump now because he isn't going to get a nap. And of course who has to deal with it? Mommy. I don't even see the point in going now. This happens every time we try to go anywhere and it's so frustrating!

August 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Veteran
I'm so sorry about that! It's a HUGE pain in the butt when they don't understand that the baby is on a schedule and they should follow his schedule not expect him to follow their ever changing schedules!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Veteran
That's just plain rude!
August 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
First of all, why does she sleep until 10am? That just seems extremely lazy. You guys should have just left without them. If they complained about it later, you can let them know that you're not going to wait until someone decides to wake up around lunch time. I could not deal with people like that. I am so sorry that you had to wait around for the Queen of Lazy to roll her butt out of bed and get ready.

August 9th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Veteran
I agree you should have left them!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, and then I ended up throwing up. My stomach was so empty because 1:30 is really late for lunch and I've been getting nauseous when I don't eat regularly. So by the time we got to the resaraunt I couldn't hold the nausea in any more and threw up in the bathroom before we ate. I should have eaten something before we left but I thought I'd make it. And Sam was so cranky that we basically drove 1/2 hour to the bigger town, ate, and turned around and went home because he needed a nap. I really wanted to go to the mall because I haven't been in a month, we don't drive over there very often. It was a real waste in my opinion. She says she can't adjust to the time change since they are from AZ and they are 3 hours behind us. That's why she sleeps in so late. My BILs were supposed to fly in at 3:30 but missed their plane and won't get in until 10:30 PM so FIL has to drive the 1 1/2 hours to get them. DH has to preach in the morning since the Sr. Pastor is on vacation, and I'm nervous about how we'll get 6 adults through our one bathroom and out the door on time. I'm thinking I'll go with DH to early service so that I can be in Sunday School too and hopefully they will make it by late service and I'm praying they don't walk in late and embarrass poor DH.

I'm so glad that they are all leaving Tuesday!

August 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
ugh. i HATE when people are not on time or don't manage their time well when they have plans... its not about them, since more people are involved! ugh. makes me want to claw peoples eyes out.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ok my latest gripe is having to hear about how nauseous my MIL feels all the time. I'm pg and have m/s so I just don't want to hear it! In fact, I really wonder whether it's not her just competing for attention. She always has to be the center of attention. Another reason I think that is because my nausea comes when my stomach gets too empty, thusly I need to eat periodically to avoid it. During Sunday School this morning I could feel it coming so afterwards I took a handful of candy from DH's office and was eating it before the next service started. My MIL was prattling on about something she said yesterday and how sorry she was, and I'm thinking whatever, she actually hadn't offended me at all. I've got my mouth full and she says, "now is when you say, 'it's ok mom, I forgive you.'" Seriously, she's telling me what to say! And I replied "I'm eating so I don't throw up!" She was like, "oh yeah, you don't want to throw up." She left in the middle of singing and came back. Later she was like, "I had to go get something to drink and eat something because I was nauseous and I didn't want to throw up during Andy's sermon." (my DH was preaching today) I felt like saying, "Oh really, you're pg too? When can DH expect his little brother or sister." I mean seriously, everything is a competition to that woman. She has to be the center of attention or else she's not happy. I cannot wait until they leave on Tuesday!

August 10th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I seriously could complain all day. Today has been just as bad. The plan for today was church, lunch, Samuel down for nap, the mall, nice dinner, celebrate DH's birthday which was in July and Samuel's birthday which is in about 2 weeks. This is how today went, church, lunch, Samuel down for nap, MIL spends 2.5 hours at Walmart, BILs go back to Indy to pick up a suitcase that got lost, Samuel wakes up a little before 4, MIL still isn't home, MIL arrives back just before 5, why bother with the mall since it closes early on Sunday?, BILs get lost on the way to meeting us for dinner, I eat something so I don't puke, we finally leave for dinner, we all arrive at the restaurant at 7:40, we order, my son is starving, MIL makes a comment about how all her children behaved and sat in their little chairs at the restaurant (one would assume the family ate for a reasonable amount of time not an hour before bedtime), salads arrive, MIL goes into the lobby to talk on the phone (who knows who she was talking to), my son chows down like a champ on bread and croutons from his dad's salad because he is starving, the food arrives, my son is still eating like a champ, BIL finally goes to get MIL to come back to the table to eat, everyone else is mostly done, she eats slowly, my son starts to melt down since we've been at the table over and hour by now and it's almost bedtime, MIL orders a beer, I exit to the car with my son at 8:53 because he's had it, they all show up around 9 to go home. At this point my son is losing it. He's exhausted. MIL says, "He's not going to fall asleep on the way home, is he?" DH answers, "He might, it's his bedtime." MIL says, "So are we going to have birthday cake for breakfast unless he stays awake." And I say, "It doesn't matter if he falls asleep or not, the birthday will have to wait until tomorrow." He was asleep withing 10 minutes of laying down. He was so tired, poor baby. At one point during the ride home DH was talking about where his middle brother might settle down now that he's graduated college and MIL replies, "Well, he might stay around us in AZ if he meets a girl as nice as Ashley." (my other BILs girlfriend that he's had for like a month) And then we were talking about how advanced my son is for his age, he's not quite two and names 8 colors with 100% accuracy and 1 more that he gets most of the time, counts to 5, and can pretty accurately identify a circle, triangle, and square besides having very good verbal skills. MIL says, "Well I hope he's not too smart." What's that supposed to mean, why would you want him to be less intelligent and then she goes into this long story about DH's young cousin who's in Jr. High and is taking gifted classes and how all she does is homework and has no time for a social life and how she told her she should drop to an easier level in some of the classes so she had more time for social! I pretty clearly expressed my opinion. Why in the world would you not want a child to live up to their potential and work hard? Why would you encourage them to be lazy and take the easy way out? For what another trip to the mall with a bunch of girls that she may or may not, probably may not, have any contact with in 10 years? Then I said, "I'm sure that, Aunt Tracy, as her mother, has it under control." If she ever says something like that to one of my children she will get it up and down! I swear I can't abide the woman. She is shallow and selfish. And now she appears to be moping so it's either that we didn't do the birthdays tonight, hello 9:30 at night and a 2 year old that should have been in bed by 9, or she's upset at how clear I made it that I found her comments to be inappropriate. If it's the latter, she will come to me sometime tomorrow about how I hurt her feelings, and I will tell her that I think it was horribly inappropriate and if she ever offers that kind of advice to my children I will be very upset. Which will make her mad, but who cares! OK, I think I'll go to bed now. Thanks for listening to my venting. I will be so glad to say goodbye on Tuesday!

August 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Regular
Wow, there is a whole new level of shallowness there. Don't be too smart, heaven forbid you don't have a gazillion friends and aren't prom queeen, because really that's what girls are good for. Yeah, I would have smacked her, verbally of course for being a complete idiot, but hey I'm sure there is a village somewhere missing their's at the moment. Also what the heck are you doing at walmart for so long? I mean you are on vacation and I can vouch for a fact there are walmarts in AZ, quite a few of them actually, in fact where I live I can't drive more than 5 miles without running into one. Only one more full day of them and then they leave. Hey should have cake then instead, you know a good ridance I'm so glad you are out of my hair for a few months cake. Or a yay I survivied without commiting a violent crime cake. hang in there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search