What's the most embarrassing....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Veteran
Thing the Inlaws have done to you? When have they embarassed you the most?

During my baby shower, my Inlaws came in late, after all the other guests came. They were complaining about how hard it was to find. I sent the invites out 1 month in advance and the location was in the same city that we all live in, they could have found it!

Anyways, my Fiancee's ex girlfriend was at the shower also. (She's an okay friend of ours now) and my inlaws noticed her and gushed "Oh I MISS YOU AROUND THE HOUSE!" and even went as far as to say "We really wish you were part of our family!" and going on and on and on Everything was about my DF's ex girlfriend. She gave the best gift, she looked absolutely stunning, she should come by and have coffee at their house. They invited her to come by ANYTIME and girl talk and that her and my future MIL could go to the mall and shop sometime. (my MIL JUST started letting me come over to the house again after a two year exile) I was so embarrassed, but what was worse, MY WHOLE FAMILY WAS THERE. I think they sat through the entire shower stunned. I'm pretty sure my DF's ex was pretty embarrassed by the whole thing too.

What a way to treat an 8 month pregnant lady.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 9th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Veteran
Wow! That would be humilitaing!

It's alot of small things for me. They saw me breastfeeding, not covered up at all. I told them to wait to come in, but they barged in anyway. Lots of annoying stuff like that.
August 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Veteran
Ouch! That would be akward!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! My MIL just makes inappropriate comments that put me on the spot, like having a large group of family around and saying, "so when you are done bfing Sam you are going to have another right?" I personally don't like to talk about bfing and TTC in mixed gender groups. So everyone is looking at me waiting for an answer which was more complicated than "no" as in I wasn't planning on stopping bfing at 12 months like I knew she was assuming and we planned on waiting until we would have at least 2.5 years between them. I just mumbled "I don't know..." I also think that going on the cruise with them and having my 50 year old MIL run around in a bikini because she thinks she has to dress like a teenager was embarrassing on another level! She's not fat (thanks to the tummy tuck and face lift) but she doesn't have a bikini body either, kwim?

August 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Veteran
Wow, That's bad. There was no good answer to the question. It must be in the MIL handbook to get the DIL in a crowded place and say something embarrassing.

</a>
August 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
Ummm..... let's see. I think the most embarrassing would be the time I went to church to surprise them after DH got deployed, and they hi jacked Reed the very first thing and took him to the front of the church to introduce him, while I just sat there stunned... Then this lady I hardly even knew said, "Well, Carmen is here too, guys!" and everyone just did that slow head turn thing and looked at me. Other most embarrassing thing would have to be my MIL having people address thank you card envelopes to themselves at my baby shower and then giving them to me in front of everyone.
August 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Veteran
I can imagine the slow head turning thing! Your MIL was probably like, No she's not! Just reed, he walked by himself! As for the thank you cards, I think you should have asked her if she'd like to write the thank yous out while you were opening the presents as well.

</a>
August 13th, 2008, 06:09 AM
08baby's Avatar Veteran
Wow your in-law's are a piece of work alright ! Mine has to be when we took my son to the ER and she was mad that we were there for 4 hour's and started yelling and then threw my son's coat on the floor like a baby ! I couldnt tell who the one year old was at the time lol

August 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Veteran
That would be devastating. I can't even imagine what I would do.

</a>
August 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
ImperfectMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shortly after DH and I got married we were having some problems, typical stuff you go through in the first year or so or marriage. On Christmas that year she gave me a subscription to this marital help magazine in front of everyone. I almost started bawling, I didn't want everyone knowing we were having issues. I don't think I spoke the rest of the day... DH made her cancel the subscription later on (yay).

Obviously we've worked through everything and have been married four years now. Y'all know how rough it is in the beginning. However, to this day she still has to ask me every time I see her if "everything's okay?"

That said, I know my MIL meant well. She just does things that, er, sometimes overstep the boundaries - ya know? Then I feel bad when I have that split second fantasy of punching her lights out. Oops!
August 15th, 2008, 09:38 AM
08baby's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Shortly after DH and I got married we were having some problems, typical stuff you go through in the first year or so or marriage. On Christmas that year she gave me a subscription to this marital help magazine in front of everyone. I almost started bawling, I didn't want everyone knowing we were having issues. I don't think I spoke the rest of the day... DH made her cancel the subscription later on (yay).

Obviously we've worked through everything and have been married four years now. Y'all know how rough it is in the beginning. However, to this day she still has to ask me every time I see her if "everything's okay?"

That said, I know my MIL meant well. She just does things that, er, sometimes overstep the boundaries - ya know? Then I feel bad when I have that split second fantasy of punching her lights out. Oops![/b]
why would someone do that how rude !

August 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Veteran
That is pretty rude and nosey!

</a>
August 18th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
maybe the time we wher shoping and i picked out a new bra and she takes it from me and said that will never fit your breasts and goes up to the person who worked at the store and said "do you have aney really big bras for my dil, like really really big ones"

or maybe the time she told a compleat stranger that my face wasent noramally that fat i just most be bloated
August 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
A marital help magazine??? That is insane! Not to mention horribly rude. I don't blame you, I'd have about died!

And the bra! Wow! Now I know why I don't shop with her! LOL

August 20th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Veteran
wow, I'd be so embarrassed. I'm chalking that one up to the things I'd never do with my MIL. Bra Shopping

</a>
August 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Regular
Ok, now I have a funny story but it's not about my IL's but about my own parents. Though I think the most emabrrassed person would be my dad. I have always been what we called "well endowed" or what I like to call premenant back pain since I hit puberty. After I had my first child the work engorgement could not even begin to describe it. I was poor (and had the ahole of a husband at the time) and didn't have a new bra to accomedate my new size. I was at my parents house that first week with my mom helping me and when she saw (I was breast feeding) that I definitely needed one she promptly took my DAD with her to the mall to find their daughter a new bra. Mind you my mom has never been bigger than a C (my endowment comes from my grandma). They come back with 2 different sizes for me to try on. F and G (even I didn't know they came THAT big). Neither of them fit... still too small. After I was done trying them on my dad walked in the room and asked if everything fit and when my mom said no they were too small the poor man could not look me in the eye. He just stared at the ceiling and you could see that he was trying to pretend that this was not happening. Come to find out I was an H at the time, but I will never forget the look on my dad's face when he found that out. His little girl was no little girl anymore.
August 21st, 2008, 06:45 AM
Veteran
Poor guy! That would be so weird for a dad. lol.

</a>
August 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
LOL the poor man! I can't imagine my dad stepping a foot anywhere near the lingerie section let alone to shop with my mom for something for me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search