Have you ever...

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
gone through the medicine cabinet so to speak? My MILs meds are just sitting on the shelf in plain sight so I snooped a bit trying to see what she's on because she always seems drugged so to speak. She is on 3 different painkillers. One is considered a controlled substance and is considered highly addictive, it's sold as a street drug etc. Another one is a highly addictive drug used for anxiety and is considered an effective sedative used in psyche wards etc. No wonder she is crazy and weird and acts like a druggie! She's been arrested and convicted of a DUI because she was driving on meds that she shouldn't have been. And DH wonders why I don't want my son to be left alone with her. That's not even to mention all of the other pills in there, most were in those daily pill things and not labeled, there was also a pill for nausea, asthma meds, heart burn meds, allergy meds, and who knows what else.

Has anyone else ever done this? Am I a bad person?

August 11th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Veteran
My MIL was a nurse (LONG LONG STORY) She has lots of meds. And a Doctors pad somewhere. I remember when I was fighting with DF she told my DF that I should fill a perscription for Zoloft and she wrote me a script using a local dr.'s signature! That's like 3 different types of illegal. I haven't heard much about the pad so I don't know if she threw it away or kept it out of my sight.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
My inlaws have a whole door (3 shelves high) in their kitchen cabinets full of miscellaneous pills. They are always trying to give everyone something. You dont dare say you coughed last week for fear of getting something crammed down your throat. lmao

August 11th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Veteran
My IL's are all pill-poppers. They take turns going to the doctor for "pain" and get a prescription, then they share the loot. Yup, I've looked. The top of their fridge is covered in pill bottles. Your not a bad person, and I sure as heck wouldn't leave my kid with her!
August 11th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Veteran
I wouldn't leave my kids with my inlaws for all the money they could offer! I'm so afraid I'd get Brookelynn back and she'd be drugged. I always call my mom when my MIL offers something new to Brookelynn. Last week it was Karo syrup the week before Gas ex and I think Cereal and list goes on. When I was pregnant she used to tell me to go for "natural" labor but would offer me Asprin or IB Profin and then told me if I thought I was going into labor take a few shots of Whiskey that stalls labor...WTH? WHISKEY?

Reedsmama: Our inlaws need a PLAY DATE! We'll take the kids shopping and they'll compare medicines and torture tactics

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search