Was I just being mean??

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
Veteran
Ok, I am going to try to make the explanation short as possible..... My FIL is the chief of an Indian Tribe. There is a 4-day long festival that is 2 hours from our house that we have to attend every year. DH works the whole weekend and I have a 4 hour shift one of the 4 days that we are there. However, we have to be there for political reasons (shake hands, kiss babies type of thing). We stay in an RV for the long weekend. Every other year we have all 5 kids with us. This year I decided to wait and go up on Saturday since I didn't have to work until Sunday. I have to pack, load the car, and travel with 5 kids not fun to do on a Friday evening after they get out of school.

My MIL was not happy with this decision but oh well!

So we get there Sat afternoon only to find out that my MIL, FIL, and nephew all have a stomach virus; throwing up, diarrhea, fever, the whole nine yards!
I wanted to avoid this bug because I didn't want to be in an RV with 5 throwing up kids and/or make a 2 hour drive home with this! So Saturday evening, they (MIL and FIL) decide they are feeling better and want to see the kids. My MIL kissed everyone of them directly on the mouth and was bent down talking right in their faces. I was so frustrated. DH seemed to be upset with me because I was bothered by her doing this. He told me that she just misses them and wanted to see them. IMO seeing them is one thing, spreading as much of your sick germs as possible is another. I avoided them the rest of the weekend. Sunday night around 2:30 a.m. (monday morning, really) my oldest DS woke up with severe diarrhea. He was burning up with a fever and felt miserable. There was a speech the next morning that we were supposed to be on stage for but DS and I skipped it because he was so sick. He was so sick on the way home. I am so angry that she would take a chance of making the kids sick for her own selfish reasons. Am I just being a butt about this?
September 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is not cool! My mom will cancel even coming if she doesn't feel well because she doesn't want DS to catch it and be sick. That is very selfish of her. I agree that seeing them is one thing but she shouldn't have kissed them especially not on the lips and she should have stayed out of their faces. I'm sorry your son caught it. I hope he feels better soon. Hugs!

September 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I agree. You were not being mean at all. I'd be furious!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Veteran
Well if the situation was reversed and your son had it first, wouldn't she be mad if he came and gave it to her? I would be completely furious if she kissed on the kids while she was sick! That could have REALLY hurt him. I hope he gets better soon!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 27th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Man you are way to nice.... I would of told my MIL off.. My hubby has gotten so mad at me so many times...
October 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I would have told her where to go, thast for sure!
Your a star for keeping your calm!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search