having a hard time..

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Veteran
My In-Laws are the type where they want to be included in Noah's life but don't want to be involved. Example....when he was bron i was in the hospital for 4 days - they only came the first day and only for 1 hour. We took alot of video in the hospital and when they saw it later on they werent on it and were very upset....but they werent there.

My father in law has three kids from previous marraiges and my mother in law cannot have kids - she does not have very much experience and she is alittle rough with my 3 month old. She shakes him around, doesnt burp him after feedings, thinks its ok to let him sleep on his tummy.

I would never feel comfortable leaving Noah with them -

CAn any one relate to this?? I have a really hard time with my in laws. Mostly because they want to be included in everything but dont want to be involved.

September 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry they are acting like that. My in-laws are a little like that, but they complain that they don't get to see him much. I totally understand you not trusting them though. Babies are fragile. I don't leave my son alone with my il's still, and he just turned 3! They're the type of people who do whatever they want, no matter what.
September 11th, 2008, 01:22 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are. They live across the country (in AZ) and come visit every 3 or 4 months or so. She's always upset that my mom buys him toys, clothes, gifts, etc. and says that he doesn't like her as well as my mom, yet she doesn't do anything to change things. She just complains. She has way more money than my parents and while it's not about stuff, she could come visit more often than she does. She visits her sister in MD twice as often as us. She's also upset because we go on fun trips with my parents like to Great Wolf Lodge and we're going to Disney World over Christmas, and again we'd be more than willing to go do things like that with them if they ever said let's go. She was really mad when she saw this cute little book my mom made for Sam with pictures of all our family so he would learn their names and know them. I told her she was more than welcome to make him another book for her side of the family but she couldn't expect my mom to add them to her book, there wasn't room. I even told her where my mom purchased the book. I would never leave my son with her alone because she's just as likely to forget about him and do something dangerous. She can't even remember to put up things that he will get into like glasses of water or her book so how can I expect her to care for him on her own. It would be a total disaster!

Hugs sweetie! I totally understand what you are talking about. I always just smile when she complains and say, "You're welcome to buy him whatever you want," or "You're welcome to come anytime," And I made excuses when it comes to babysitting. I will leave him with her and my FIL because he's responsible and sane now that Sam is older. He was about 18 months before they babysat him. I will not leave them with a child that can't talk or communicate it's needs clearly so I will take the new baby with me under the guise that I will be bfing. You don't have to leave your baby with anyone you don't want to. Good luck!

September 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Veteran
I know where you're coming from! Don't let Noah go over there alone! That could be bad if she doesn't know the basic baby care stuff.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search