inlaws suck

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Regular
My SIL is 20, she had her son when she was 17, out of wed lock to a guy who is not very decent. Well he comes to pick up his son once a month and take him for a weekend. While he is there, who knows what happens! He is into drugs, party kind of guy, etc. Well he comes home and says the F word alot and when I kept him once he asked to see my breasts, he referred to them in a slang term which isnt very nice. The kid(my nephew) is just a few mths shy of 4 years old. What irks me the most is SIL does nothing about it, she laughs but she knows its wrong. She tells my nephew those are bad words, but thats it. I mean the kid learned from his dad, and he doesnt know what he is saying...but I just wish something would happen with that father of his...I wish she could do something about it. Plus my nephew is never disciplined because my SIL lives with MIL/FIL, which he is a spoiled brat by that. I just hope he doesnt turn out aweful with this whole situation! Anyone have SIL with situations like this, and she is always asking us to watch him for her, she is very irresonible. When we cant watch him, she calls everyone she can think of-and her reasons to let someone watch him are ridiculous. She doesnt ever spend time with him, MIL is basically the mom and SIL the sister to him-always laughing at him and teasing him. As well FIL is an alcoholic which makes matters worse, you cannot trust him to watch his grandson-he has before and passed out on the couch and let nephew do as he pleased(very dangerous). MIL is on egde and a very nervous person, so she is hard to talk to about this, and she gives nephew whatever he wants! He is living in a nut house situation, MIL is also bipolar and on meds and she has tried to commit suicide a couple times and threatned to run over my aunt because she hates her for no real apparent reason-she just hates her because my aunt has a great husband and she doesnt?! She makes snide remarks about my cousin who is gay, she is very selfish and always calling DH when she needs something, and tried to invite herself over...but when she comes over all she does is lay on the couch and sigh-but when you talk to her, you cant have a conversation because she only gives one word answers!FIL as I said is an alcoholic, and is very very rude and loud and always wants to come over. Im so afraid that when we have kids it will be more chaotic, UGGGGH-we live an hour away from them...sometimes thats not far enough though-but its better than what it used to be-we used to live right beside them and MIL would come over everyday and we would hear MIL/FIL fighting all the time and get calls from MIL crying and asking if she could come over. Inlaws suck, thats all.
September 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry sweetie! It sounds like a bad situation. I would just try to distance myself from them as much as possible and when you have children you may need to take additional measures. Unfortunately, one can't choose their DH's families and it often gets me how well a man will turn out when his family is so crazy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search