Cutting them out

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM
mom2nate
So, what's the best way to cut them off? Any advice for tactics out there?
MIL is up with the new baby for the third week in a row this week. The deal was she was going to be there to help but all she is doing is holding the baby and nothing else. We are fed up with her. The thing is she has never wanted to hold our son and when we'd hand him to her she'd pass him off to FIL. When we go to their house, she always makes herself busy with cooking or doing something else so she doesn't have to spend time with Nate. She has never and still doesn't spend time with him. Even when he was a baby, she wouldn't hold him. I have a million and one examples of her attitude toward him. So we always just thought it was because he was a boy but the new baby is a boy and she is super in to him so that blows our theory out of the water. Maybe she pushes her feelings toward me over to Nate. I dont' know but we are fed up with her attitude toward him. He just doesn't matter to her. It's so sad for me to think about that...that her own grandson means nothing to her and she doesn't want anything to do with him. My husband called her a "b" and said he was finished with her. I know it has to hurt him tremendously for his mother to act like this toward his son. He says the birthday party is off and he doesn't want to see their faces. I know this can sound like we are jealous but it's not jealousy....I, we just think our son deserves equal treatment from his grandmother. It is clear and obvious where her priorities lie as sad as it is I agree with my husband...maybe it's time to cut them off for a while......
September 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get caller ID and don't answer and don't call. If she actually shows up at your house then I guess that might be an improvement? Tell others not to give her any information on you and if they don't listen then stop giving them info too. That's the only thing I can think of.

September 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Veteran
That is horrible of them, I can't imagine what you are dealing with. Your son's should be treated the same. End of story. I would just avoid them.
You don't have to not have a party for him, just don't invite them. Good luck.
September 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
my MIL is the same.. She caters to my SIL kids... Our kids are out of sight out mind.. My hubby and I used to fight over his family all the time.. Till we moved to Graham and he finally caught on.... Now that we live back in the same town as them.. We do things on our terms.. We go visit when we want to. Be it 2 times a week or once a month... And they never come out of their way to come to our house.... Thank goodness

I say only visit when you need to and stay home and enjoy the family..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search