The ILs strike again...

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can they every stop being a pain? When they were here in Aug. I repeatedly asked my FIL about when they were coming in Oct. He assured me over and over that they weren't coming until the 5th or later. We have a big street fair in our town from the 1st - 4th and my parents have been planning on coming on the 2nd and staying until the 5th since last year. I wanted to make sure that both visits were going to work out. Lately I've been buggin DH to get me the specific dates that they were coming because I like to be prepared. Finally, he talks to his dad today and they are coming on the 4th! I was really mad at DH. He claims that he told me a long time ago and I was like no you didn't 1. because I would have caught the conflict right away because coming that weekend was really important to my parents and 2. it wasn't written on my calendar, I write everything on my calendar, it's the only way to keep our schedule organized. I'm so ticked off. DH should have run it by me but he apparently just said ok without looking at the calendar or asking me. So now my parents will probably leave on Sat. instead of Sun. which isn't a huge deal but I'm so tired of DH thinking that just because his parents live so far away (in AZ) that they should automatically get to come whenever they want and everyone else has to change their plans to accomodate them. He was literally like, well your parents live closer so they just need to change their plans. They are still driving 4 hours to get here, it's not like they live right nearby! So anyway, my ILs come a week from today and stay until the next Fri. Oh, the fun. Hopefully we won't have to see them again until Jan., maybe if I'm lucky they won't come until after the baby is born in March. I guess I can hope!

October 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to julez722
Ugh, been there! Except, we are supposed to change OUR schedule to fit my husband's brothers! There have been many a times where we have been told we need to re-schedule our plans (dinners, etc) because BIL wont be there until later/can't come. It gets old. Fast.
October 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM
SarahMascara's Avatar Regular
oh that really sucks! my dh is like that where im expected to go out to brownsville but he never has to go hang out with my family that lives 30 min. away because of gas i dont think i could stand ANY family members staying with us much less in laws...ughh guess im not much of a hostess lol

its almost scary how much this looks like the daddy to be!
November 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Mommy_2_R's Avatar Veteran
hey dear, i've been reading ur posts earlier as well but didnt get a chance to reply. inlaws can be like this at times and its always you who have to accomodate their plans. huh. my immediate inlaws are nice thank God and they dont pose any problem for me so far but the not-so-immediate inlaws keep on making plans to spend vacation at our place (not that i have any problem with it) but since i have become pregnant, i feel i cannot be a good hostess anymore. Managing everything (cleaning, cooking) on ur own is so difficult at times , also when u r feeling nauseous and throwing up. I know that around 4 families have already made plans to come over in the coming few months. DH got a call from his aunt yesterday saying that she is coming up with her family to stay over for two weeks or so in jan. i am so frustrated to learn this. I dont know why people dont have basic ettiquetes to avoid putting pressure on a pregnant lady. Everybody is just concerned with their own business. and the most annoying thing is that all of these distant inlaws never call us up unless they have to stay over and have to inform us of their plan as if we have opened a 5 star hotel and we r doing the booking only. huhhh !! am really pissed off at the moment!!!!
May God help us all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search