hi all... This place seems fitting for what i need to get off my chest!!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2008, 08:38 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
My LO was my MIL and FIL's 1st granchild and everything has been fine up till my SIL found out she was pregnant. Mia has been still getting all the attention she used to but here is my problem!!
My sil is 5 years older then me and is 4 and a half months pg. I can understand her anxities about being pregnant because i felt like this when i fell pg with my Daughter.
My SIL is adimant she is going to have a pregnancy like me, have a birth like me and go through everything i went through. For me it feels like she is trying to be me, She has even recently gone and had her hair cut exactly the same as me!!
She has it stuck in her head she is going to get PPD because i had it.
No matter how much i try and tell her it might not happen as its not something you can predict she just wont listen., She is scaring her self something rotton.
Also my MIL has started buying her Winnie the Pooh things because she wants her daughter (my SIL) to have the samed theme nursery as my LO has, I wouldnt mind but they are trying to copy it down to the last tee and its starting to really annoy me. They even have had the cheek to ask if they can use the paint we have left over from when we decorated my LO's nursery to do theirs!!

I've mentioned to my SO that my SIL is trying to have everything we have - She even compares her own relationship with mine and her brothers.
My SO tells me i am being silly and that its just my PPD medication thats making me so paroniod but i know its not.
The final straw came when she told me what she wants to her call her baby (if she has a little girl), Myla. its a nice name yes but I dont think you can get closer to Mia with out acutally calling her baby Mia!!!!!!!
I dont think i can hold my toung for much longer as things are (to me anyway) getting out of hand, What can i do to try and get my SIL to be her own person!!

September 28th, 2008, 09:41 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG! That is just nuts! I guess you should be flattered that she thinks your life is so great that she wants it too, but that doesn't make it any less annoying! I don't really have any advice. I guess you can hope she has a boy since that would solve some of it! Hugs!

October 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Veteran
well at least they aren't being too mean. I think you should suggest that she waits until she knows for sure what the baby is going to be! (I wanna know if it's a boy or girl too!) Maybe tell her you'd like to help her pick out a name. Try to steer her away from Myla. or show her some bed piece sets for babies on Ebay. Maybe she just needs more options. Try to get her distracted from your life and get her to try something new!

Just a thought... good luck!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Well we've found out shes having a boy and they have picked reece patrick
I have also decided to throw her a surpise babyshower.. i know she wont be expecting it as they are not very big over here.

its also been killing me to talk to her recently as i have had a few bad days recently (the downside of being on fluxotine for PPD) and just didnt want to talk to her as i was scared i would shoot my mouth off and say something i would regret.

October 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to julez722
I think the idea of showing her more ideas would help out a lot .. Maybe she doesn't really know how to be her own person? (I know people like this). I think throwing her the shower would be a good idea, too! Im glad she's having a boy at least!
October 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay that she's having a boy!! That should help things immensely. That's very sweet of you to throw her a shower. Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search