My MIL....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It just drives me nuts! Today it was that she was having an asthma attack. I have asthma so I know what a serious attack is like. She was moaning all morning and laying around on the futon. She makes FIL go to the pharmacy to get a new inhaler since she had forgotten hers. We have to go to the pharmacy every time she's here. She has everything ailment there could be and she never refills her prescriptions or forgets something that is vitally important every time. IMO she's addicted to prescriptions drugs but that's another story. So she's sitting there telling my FIL how she's been in pain and didn't want to tell anyone because they would want her admitted to the hospital. She goes to the hospital more than anyone I know but it's never anything really. FIL was just like, "Uh-huh." and blew her off which I could tell made her really upset. He deals with this all the time so he's got to be sick of it. So anyway....Things haven't been too bad so far but I hate all the dramatics. My family is more of the suck-it-up type unless there is something really wrong.

Oh and the other thing, she brings up to me about how much she wants us to come out to AZ around Christmas. It's my year to be with my family and DH gets limited time off. I was like "Can't do it." And she's talking about how much she wants to take Sam to zoo lights. It's not my fault that they went to IL last year on their year instead of having us come out there, so we went to IL not AZ. She's like "Just a few days..." and she's pouting. I'm like we might come in May and for sure next Christmas. So then she starts in with DH because I didn't give the answer she wanted. She's like, "I'd rather you come in Dec than May.." to him. That's not the point. We're going to be gone with my family for 12 days and he can't take any more time right then. She'd probably be really mad if she knew we were going that long because I got the impression she thinks it's only a week. But that's not the point anyway. DH told her we just can't and she's been all pouty. I just don't feel bad. She ruined Christmas last year because she was so "sick" on the plane to IL that she was taken to the hospital in St. Louis and they didn't find anything. She and FIL didn't arrive until 9 PM on Christmas so everything was put on hold for her. Sam barely got a Christmas. We let him open the presents from us without them but he didn't get Christmas dinner because he was in bed before they got there and it was put on hold for her. So anyway....sorry for the long rant.

October 7th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Veteran
Wow! At least she will be gone in a few days, lol! She's not an attention hog is she? Haha!
October 7th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Veteran
Are they gone yet? Lol.. Its an inlaw thing I guess.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuiUMME/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 8th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Not until Friday....

October 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Your MIL sounds exactly like my MIL! Sorry you have to deal with so much drama.
October 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
wow that makes mine sound like a saint!!

Sorry you have to put up with someone who sounds so attention seaking!

October 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, attention seeking is a great way to describe her. She can't see past what she wants and can't stand anyone else getting any attention. Thankfully, she's gone now. Maybe she won't come back until the baby's born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search