Inlaws-ugh!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM
mom2nate
My sil (husband's brother's wife) had a baby the middle of September. They live 3 1/2 hours away and we haven't been able to go see it b/c we haven't had the extra gas money/hotel money/food money, etc. since it was born. They were traveling through our city this weekend and did not even stop by so we could see the baby. How crappy is that! I called them out on it and she was like well we didn't leave until 530 and we still had to feed the kids and we didn't get home until 930. I guarantee you they stopped here in town and ate dinner. They were traveling on the highway that is not even 2 miles from our house and they "didn't have time" to stop. It is so frustrating@!!@!!!!@ Since my husband and I have been married we have always been the ones who have had to put forth all the effort with his family. When we lived in Iowa their excuse was always "well it's so far away".....I thought that would change when we had the baby but it didn't. My mom however came up once a month to see Nate. His family NEVER made it a priority to come to see him. We always had to make the 6 hour drive to them. This BIL and SIL didn't even come to either of Nate's birthday parties, just send a gift with grandma and grandpa....Now we find out that they were 2 miles away and couldn't even stop or call to see if we were home. How ridiculous! It would've been nice to have been able to see the baby but I guess they just don't care. I am so done with them all. We have decided we are mailing out our Christmas gifts and we will go to MIL's one day through the week when we have to leave early to get home ....they seriously make me feel bad sometimes for feeling like this but it's their own dang fault....they are such butts!
October 14th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Awwwe. That's rude of them to not call or anything if they were that close. They could've at least called and said, hey we're close by but in a hurry, sorry we can't stop.
Not too nice in my opinion.
October 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's pretty bad. I'm sorry they don't make an effort. If they don't, then I wouldn't either. You shouldn't always have to be the ones to go out of your way. I hate that my MIL visits her nieces in MD (MIL is in AZ and we're in IN) more than she visits her own grandchild, shoot she even paid for and went on a trip to Disney World with them, never done anything like that for Sam, but I've come to accept that this is how it's going to be. She whines about us not coming out to visit them enough and I just don't care. Not only does DH's job not allow him enough time off to visit even every year, she could see her grandson more if she wanted to. It will have been 2 years since we went out there by the time we go again and I just don't feel bad. You shouldn't feel bad about not dropping everything to make a trip to see them either. If they can't stop when they are 2 miles away, then you shouldn't have to make any extra effort. I know it stinks though because you would like to see the baby, you're a good aunt! Hugs sweetie!

October 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to julez722
Ugh, I totally know what you mean. His family never makes any efforts and always makes US do everything. The only time his family made any efforts to do ANYTHING is when we got married, which I guess I should be thankful for. His mother has a perfectly good car, but refuses to come see us. So, we drove the three hours to pick her up and bring her up here only to have to buy her a bus ticket to go bck home (which didnt end up happening ... they left early).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search