Annoyed by Inlaws

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My inlaws seem to make it so hard to enjoy any exciting moments in our lives. They were difficult while we dated. Threated to not come to our wedding when people they didn't like were invited and have become overwhelming about our pregnancy. My inlaws are divorced which sometimes makes it hard to please both of them. My FIL insists that we are having a boy and always refers to the baby as a him, or grandson which is somewhat annoying. He doesn't bother me as much as my MIL. She has always been nasty and negative towards my DH and I since we dated and was horrific during our wedding. She talked to my DH the other day and asked about our appt, which was VERY nice. Then said that she was saving her vacation time to come while I'm in labor. Their is no way that I want her anywhere near the hospital when the baby comes. She also mentioned that we should come see her next year for Xmas because we have no right to keep the baby from her. I don't think it's fair for us to drive 4 hrs to her house with a baby. I think seeing her at the family xmas is sufficient enough. We already have enough troubles during the holidays making it to all 6 xmas's. I feel selfish not wanting her to see the baby, it is her first grandchild, but she has burned so many bridges with both of us throughout the years and still says she does not understand what she ever did to us.
I get so annoyed so easily and I don't want her to ruin my joys of pregnancy worrying about the inevitable confrontation with her when the baby comes.
November 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! Selfish people suck, especially selfish MILs! You have every right to be happy and enjoy this pg. Does your DH share your feelings on the matter? If so, then it should be case closed. You don't even have to tell her until after the baby is born! Same thing with Christmas. If you and DH don't want to make an extra trip then don't. My MIL was bugging us to come to AZ this year around Christmas and we both just told her no. There isn't time. We will come next year when we are scheduled to go. The hard part is if DH doesn't feel the same way, then it gets tricky. After all, it's the only mother he has. I hope the two of you can work together to find a solution that works. Hugs!

November 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
littleln's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL is totally overbearing and annoying too. Shes always accusing us of trying to keep Ivy from her or take Ivy away from her. Um. Shes my baby. For awhile I humored her but now I don't put up with her ****. She doesn't treat me nicely enough to deserve any special treatment or sympathy so to heck with her.

You baby is your baby. If your MIL wants to see YOUR baby for xmas, she can come visit you. Really.

Thanks to pattiandthemoos for the great siggy!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
November 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say do what makes you feel comfortable, seriously esp. if your PG it is your time to be selfish and worry about you and your baby and noOne else!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search