Cant stand her, cant stand her, cant stand her......

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Regular
OH! That wicked person! WHy do mother in laws have to be so irritating? Ya wanna know what is worse than having one mother in law? Having two. Yup you guessed it...I have two of them...my hubby's real mom and then his step mom who has also always been a huge part in his life...and both of them hate me...ok, so I do not spit shine the toilets in the house, so there is a dirty pair of my hubby's underwear in the bathroom floor, so what if there is a crumb of bread from my ham sandwich that is still on the couch! I will admit, I am not a neat freak! I keep my house clean enough to live in but no! everything does not get a coat of silver polish everyday. They think I am lazy because I am not a neat freak. My hubby's real mom has 4 dogs in the house...you have to watch where you sit so that you do not sit in a pile of dog vomit on the couch..."He will eat it up when he gets ready" she will say...she clips their toenails and leaves them laying in the carpet...she has dishes in the sink from two days ago and milk in her refridgerator that has expired two weeks ago...and I'M LAZY?
His step mom has dishes piled up as well from last weeks lasagna, has at least three bags of garbage that is in the bag but has yet to be taken out. When you pick it up the smell will knock you down and there is some kind of foreign juices running out of it...kinda looks like pee...their bathroom sink has hair in it and the toilet has not been flushed...and I'M LAZY?
His real mom does not work at all even though she is in the health to, and his step mom works at the school sitting at a desk for about 6 hours a day and I am up on my feet 9 hours a day on concrete walking around and I am 5 1/2 months pregnant...I have been scrubbing toilets, dealing with fumes from the different cleaners that we use, taking out trash and sweeping up cigarette butts all day...do you honestly think that I feel like coming home and spit shining everything? NO! I come home, cook for Cody, do a couple loads of laundry, take a shower and sit down and I know nothing til the next morning...I am so tired all the time! And then with my blood sugar bouncing off the walls?! I am not super woman! Why cant they just accept me for the person I am instead of judging me for how i don't get down on my hands and knees with q tips and scrub the corners back behind the washer and dryer everyday? Anyone else have a MIL like this????
November 25th, 2008, 04:59 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ewwwwwwwww that dog vomit part is sooo nasty.....Thank God my MIL doesn't live near me, but when she did she used to come over when I was at work and clean my house and rearrange my closet, and she dosn't know how to clean everything half as*, I am a neat freak so it used to bug me finally I just told her stop cleaning my house I clean it when I get home from work, she would say "OH I just wanted to help you sinceI dont do anything all day" blah....I hate her..

Anyways, I think you should take it easy, esp. if your PG, of course your tired and feel crappy, and you work 9 hours, geez,just relax and know that for some reason most MIL have this secret joy in life to make us misrible....

November 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Animal vomit. . . Yuck!!!! Don't get me started about housecleaning and MIL. She came in when DH was in NC (when we got married) and completely rearranged the entire place. We are still finding things she put "in the right place". When we go to NC for Christmas, DH plans to leave a key with her again so when I come home, I will spend a week getting things back the way we had them. I would love to tell her that what is "the right place" in her house is not necessarily "the right place" in mine, but since she has medical issues and has told us that when she dies her house becomes our house so DH is sort of protective of her. I love her but I just don't want her to rearrange my apartment or my life. . . I am just odd that way I guess.

November 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That's nuts! No, my MIL wouldn't notice if I didn't clean the house. She's too into herself to care about anything else. It's hard to ignore hurtful comments like that especially when neither one of them has much to talk about. Just keep your chin up. It sounds like you are doing the best you can. Hugs!!

December 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Regular
I wish my MIL could look beyond how clean my house is and see that I have love for her son and that I am going to love this baby with all that I have in me...I mean, as long as Cody loves me and all, that is all that matters to my parents...forget about the fact that he leaves his dirt7y underwear skidmark side up in the bathroom floor...Forget about the fact that he is a picky eater...forget about all of that...He loves me with all that he is and he provides for me the best that he can with his disability...that is all my parents care about...and daddy is very protective of his little girl...Is it too much to ask the same of his parents? Just look beyond all of my idiosyncracies and love me for who I am???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search