Emotionally drained!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 11:58 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As some of you know the story from before, we currently are at odds with my inlaws. My MIL, FIL and BIL have all said some pretty terrible things about my husband and I over the past 4 months. Therefore, We will not let them see the baby because neither my DH or I want to be anywhere near them. Mainly my MIL calls regularly to either apologize or degrade us. (we don't answer the phone because this is what she wants, to control us) She keeps threatening to take us to court for the money that we owe them and to get visitation rights to see the baby. And all she keeps saying is that I have stolen her son and that I have had this planned for a long time to do this to them. None of this is true of course, my husband makes his own decisions. I just don't know how to move on when they just keep calling us. I am soon going to get harassment charges put against her if she does not stop calling us. ahh I just can't take it anymore they are driving my husband and I crazy.

The worst part about it is that we would like to give them there money back, but inorder to do that we need to sell our house but my BIL's name is on it and he won't agree to it until we sign a mortgage note for his parents so that they can choose who lives there. my life is a soap opera and I HATE it!

One thing is for certain tho. I will never let her hurt my son the way that she has hurt me and my DH.

Thanks guys for letting me ramble.
December 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you are going through this. One thing though, is let me assure you that they cannot take you to court to get visitation rights to your son. I've read up on this because my mom's best friends has a horrible DIL who won't let them see their grandchild even though they have done nothing but be nice and sweet, but that's another story. Basically the law says that unless you and DH are divorced, were never married, or your DH dies, they can't even file a suit, and in those cases they would have to prove that they were previously involved in the child's life and that their continued involvement was in the best interest of the child. So just to put your mind at ease, they have no way to get visitation rights, you are the parents and you have complete control over who sees your child. Big Hugs!!

December 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is such good news!! I would never want some alcoholic crazy lady left alone with my son! I am sure she would steal him and never give him back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search