Will spend time with your ILs on Christmas Day?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you going on Christmas Day? Will your ILs be there? Do you have Christmas with your ILs at another time or maybe not at all?

December 9th, 2008, 07:03 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be going to my parents for christmas! Then We will go to his Uncles house another night. We will definitally not be seeing my ILS this year!
December 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM
mom2nate
No way Jose! They live 2 hours away and I have left it in my husband's hands for the last 2 years now and he says there is no way we are spending half the day in the car when we could be having a nice Christmas morning and day at home. Thankfully he is the smart one of that bunch!
December 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are spending Christmas Eve at MIL's for a family dinner and present exchange. We leave for my parents house on Christmas morning (13.5 hour drive away) to spend a week with my family. We have not seen my family since the wedding in June so I am really excited.
We are not spending a moment with FIL (pretty much a case of checked weather reports and no one in Hades is needing thermal undies so it hasn't frozen over yet).

December 10th, 2008, 07:25 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have to see them this year either!! They sent our presents and we will do the same. This year we are leaving the 21st to go to FL and we will be spending Christmas with my family. I'm so happy. My MIL ruined Christmas last year so I'm glad not to have to deal with it this year at all. We won't see them again until March when the baby is born.

December 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have Christmas with my MIL and her extended family on the 20th. I'm dreading this, it's always so awkward because his mom and I don't really get along, just tolerate each other. Plus we found out she has been lying to us about going to detox over Thanksgiving. And never actually went. Since I'm preg. with the 1st grandchild/ greatgrand child on that side I don't want his mom and sister to act all special and nicey nicey because chances are, they will only see the baby once or twice a year.

Christmas day we spend with my family, the day after, with his dad and his weirdo family. Then New Years with his grandparents and dad again.

Next year it will change, they can combine some of the festivities, because I'm not dragging a baby around when the drive to just see our parents is 2 hours.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search