No more threats I guess.

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL decided to call us today and tell us all the things that she will be taking us to court for which include....Money they lent us, Money they have been paying to a different lender, codes on our house, forcing BIL to sign papers unwillingly, my child and I do believe there was something else in there.

She says that we will be going on December 22nd. However, I will not believe it until we are served by the courts.

She now knows that if she calls us or tries to contact us one more time that we will call the police and have harassment charges pressed against her. If she wants to talk to us she can have her lawyer talk to ours.

The end of the message was a holiday greeting--- Merry Christmas.

The funny thing is...is that she will not win anything against us. We already plan to be paying them back the money they want(so thats not going to hurt us). We have been in contact with the codes on our house. BIL signed the papers willingly, and I have enough proof that she is unstable that I will never have to worry about her seeing my child. Along with several people telling me that I do not have to worry about the gov't getting involved in my parental rights.

This year- she has had the cops called on her twice for assult, once on our neighbor and once on my FIL!
December 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM
mom2nate
Gosh, isn't it sad that people have to be so stupid? Grandparents have very little rights and the only rights they do have are the ones YOU allow them to have. A judge would laugh in her face, especially with your evidence of her insanity! It sucks that you are having to deal with this right at Christmas. I would tell you to "kill her with kindness" but it's clear she isn't even worth that amount of time!
December 10th, 2008, 06:09 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you're dealing with this. I'm sure you'll consult a lawyer. I don't know the laws in all the states, but in MI they can't bring a visitation suit when both parents live together, Even if they could they'd have to demonstrate a prior relationship or reasonable attempt at it and that visitation is in the child's best interest. Which doesn't seem likely in your case. She's probably just bluffing anyway. And if she's not you'll get it resolved once and for all. I hope you are making recordings of the messages she leaves and keeping records of that stuff just in case. Hugs!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search