Best and Worst of the ILs

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know we've done some of this before but we are constantly having new people stop by, after all most of us have them!

Favorite IL:
Least Favorite IL:

Best thing the ILs have done for you:
Worst thing the ILs have done to you:

Best gift you received from your ILs:
Worst gift you received form your ILs:

Anything else you want to share:

January 26th, 2009, 09:32 PM
mom2nate
Favorite IL: I don't think I have one. Wait, does a dog count?
Least Favorite IL: Pretty much all of them but one SIL probably takes the cake.
Best thing: Gave us money to help out when my husband lost his job 2 years ago.
Worst thing: You name it
Best gift: They actually give really nice gifts. They ask for lists and get stuff off your list. Or just give money.
Worst gift: from BIL and SIL-shirts, one in each size...just to cover all the bases...oh and a chocolate melting pot, like a fondue pot but for chocolate....seriously, this was weird for me.

I wish I had more nice/good/positive things to say about my in laws.
January 27th, 2009, 08:50 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Favorite IL: DH's grandparents
Least Favorite IL: MIL/SIL

Best thing the ILs have done for you: Gave us money interest free to purchase some land here until we can sell our old house
Worst thing the ILs have done to you: MIL ruined Christmas a year ago by having one of her dramatic medical episodes (they didn't find anything wrong) so they didn't arrive to DH's grandparents until so late on Christmas that DS was already in bed. He didn't even get to eat Christmas dinner with us because DH's grandma insisted on waiting. And the only presents he opened were from us.

Best gift you received from your ILs: Digital camera
Worst gift you received form your ILs: ugly jewelry and flowery scented candles which I hate flowery scents

January 30th, 2009, 12:06 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Favorite ILH's Aunt and Uncle
Least Favorite IL:Mother then a close second Father then a very close third my bl

Best thing the ILs have done for you: I do know that they had done some very nice things however, they are normally negated when it comes time for them wanting something.
Worst thing the ILs have done to you:Made me re-live my brother's death with nasty words about my family and have put our family in a financial position that we have to file bankruptcy.

Best gift you received from your ILs: Computer
Worst gift you received form your ILs: O needless amounts of bs... She was a person who tried to by your love... so anything tacky or in large amounts.

January 31st, 2009, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Favorite IL: Extended inlaws, aunts and uncles
Least Favorite IL: MIL/SIL

Best thing the ILs have done for you: They created my DH...that's about it.
Worst thing the ILs have done to you:Threatening that the entire family wouldn't come to our wedding and demanding the money back they gave us for the wedding if a certain person was invited.

Best gift you received from your ILs:Money to use towards our wedding
Worst gift you received form your ILs:Too many to count! They always buy things they think we need, without asking, and we usually already have the item. Or buying things they think are funny that we either donate to charity or pitch.

Anything else you want to share: Ugh...things can only get worse when the baby gets here!

« so PO'd | Inlaws | MIL »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search