Surprise, surprise!

Forum: Inlaws

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 11:25 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So DH called and talked to the ILs last night. No surprise, but there is now something else wrong with my MIL medically. She is such a drama queen and always has to be the center of attention. I guess she's having surgery on her foot soon. They are supposed to come in like 4 weeks to HELP us out after Nolan is born since I'm having a c/s. There isn't even any point in hoping for help out of her now. She told DH it won't be completely healed for 6 weeks so she will milk it for all it's worth, especially since I will be recovering from surgery too. Nevermind that mine will be abdominal and only 1.5 weeks out. She will sit around on her butt demanding to be waited on and moaning and groaning and asking for this or that and I know that DH and FIL will induldge her and I will be left taking care of the two kids. Especially during the day when DH is at work. It would be better if they don't come at all IMO. I do not want to deal with her crap. Ugh.

February 16th, 2009, 11:27 AM
You should totally tell them to just wait to come until after her foot is healed as you won't be able to take care of a todller, a newborn and her all after having a c/s.
February 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would never fly with DH. They've already bought their plane tickets. And like it or not, I need someone staying with me while DH is at his residential for his Master's degree on Tues and Wed of that week. We have no family close by and my mom is already taking 1.5 weeks off work so she needs to be back. I'm not lifting a finger for her. My FIL will be here too so he can take care of her and maybe, just maybe, help me out some too. Our guest room is upstairs with it's own bath and sitting area, I'm actually kind of hoping she just stays up there!!

February 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with MILs 'issues'. You are the one having the c/s and yet yet she will be the one acting as though she has given birth to a rhino in the wild without any drugs. Grrr!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search