My MIL

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
mom2nate
I think she is going to lose it totally.
The oldest son and his family are having to move out of state because it's either transfer or lose his job. His daughters are her life. They are the only grand kids she involves herself with. They are all she talks about, etc. etc. etc. She is not taking this well...as it would be hard for any mother/grandmother to have to deal with this but it's not the end of the world. It's not like she won't ever see them again. She is moping around completely depressed. Won't talk to anyone. All she does is cry because "her girls" are leaving her. We stopped by her house a few weeks ago and she just sat on the couch with hollow red eyes and a puffy face and barely even talked to us or paid attention to her grandson (of course she never has so nothing new there). My husband's brother told her us she is telling everyone this is going to kill her, literally kill her. She is so stressed out and such a distraught mess over it it is ridiculous...Need I mention we lived out of state for the first year of our marriage and Nate was born out of state and she could care less that for his first year she didn't see him unless we made the 400 mile trip. Anyway the middle son and his wife are now pregnant with their first and she is not happy at all (she hates his wife and has said in the past she had better not ever get pregnant b/c she would not be a fit mother)....Instead of embracing this change as best she can she is letting it kill her...She could look at it from the point of view that hey, maybe it could allow her to get close to her grandson and the new grand baby coming this winter but she won't. All she can think about is "losing her girls" and it's going to kill her. She isn't even allowing herself to enjoy the girls now while they're still here as they don't move for 4 more months. She is just being ridiculous. One of her sisters had a mild heart attack from stress and somebody told her that same thing would happen to her and she said oh well what difference does it make anyway. I know it would be hard but jeesh come on.....well I just had to vent about her.....
March 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! Well, there isn't too much to say about that. I'm not sure why someone would want to live miserable like that, when as you've pointed out, there are other grandchildren she could be involved with and this isn't the end of the world! So sorry you have to deal with that pathetic mess!

March 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
mom2nate
Oh My GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out she is feeding the favorite grand daughter lies....she is telling her that "mommy is mean for making you move away from me"!!! Now the kid hates her mother because grandma is telling her mommy is making her move! It's a good thing this is not my kid because that woman would not know what hit her when I was through with her!
March 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
mom2nate
Oh My GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found out she is feeding the favorite grand daughter lies....she is telling her that "mommy is mean for making you move away from me"!!! Now the kid hates her mother because grandma is telling her mommy is making her move! It's a good thing this is not my kid because that woman would not know what hit her when I was through with her!
March 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
mom2nate
March 17th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a freak show....... she def has mental issues. try to set boundaries and its not a bad idea for you and the fellow daughter in laws to put up the same boundary and show solidarity to one another. she will stop her issues soon enough when she realises everyone may unite against her
March 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The first thing I would do if I was the mother of the granddaughter is tell her to stop lying. The second is I wouldn't let her see the kids for the 4 months. I would have the dad and mom talk to the kids and tell them the truth and tell them that their grandmother is lying because she doesn't want them to move but that they have to if they want to eat etc. I would also reinforce that is not ok to lie and what she is doing is wrong.

This lady is crazy. She needs to get over it. I think what alchemist said is true, too.
March 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's horrible! I can't believe she woyld do that o that poor little girl!

March 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
mom2nate
Unfortunately, my husband (her son) and I are the only ones who stand up to her and enforce boundaries with her. Mommy does no wrong in my husband's 2 brother's eyes. They never support their wives and instead back their mother. Because we have boundaries and don't give in to her every whim is why she has nothing to do with us. I agree that everyone needs to stand up to her and let her know how it is to live in reality but it will never happen. They all think "oh it's just mom get over it"....unfortunately for her (MIL) my husband does not hesitate to put her in her place
March 24th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you are the lucky one arent you..... i would feel sorry for your SILs as their hubbies are not doing a good thing for their marriage and the damage to the kids is enormous.......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search