maybe visiting....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh was chatting online with his mom's dh (he doesn't consider him a step dad because he was 16 when they started dating and i guess he was never a dad figure) who said they might be coming up on the 11th since 'they have to be close to here anyway.' My dh didn't even realize it was easter weekend and we have plans. But it is fine and i am willing to change my plans but now my mil is playing her maybe we will visit maybe not game She said she was not sure about their plans and would get back to us, that was 11 days ago now. I know it's not a huge deal but I really want to know if they are coming and when and how long so i can finalize my plans. I emailed her and she hasn't responded yet, that was 8 days ago or so. I really think that if you invite yourself to someone's you should have the courtesy to let them know when and how long you are staying. She wants us to give her as much noice as possible before a visit, at least 2 weeks so why can't she do the same?? My sil knows more about her plans to visit us then we do, i so don't understand my mil. I was going to get my dh to call her but now if she doesn't call or email by friday i will just go ahead with the plans i had initially made and forget her. I am just so annoyed and am trying not to let her get to me.
March 30th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree, if she doesn't confirm the plans for Easter weekend, accept that she has changed her mind about coming and go ahead with what you had planned.

March 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think at this point I would say, well I'm not sure if or when you are coming so these are our plans and you're welcome to visit around them. If they can't give you times then they can't expect you to rearrange your plans and sit at home waiting for them. Too bad.

April 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I broke down and emailed her again (why i do this i have no idea except that it drives me nuts not knowing) asking is they were coming and when and nothing so I have firmed up the plans and she will just have to work around us if she actually decides to show up. I dont mean to go on and on but I just don't get why she doesnt call my dh or email back, even to say she is not sure yet or whatever. But I refuse to call when her hubby is the one that invited themselves over. Oh well I can't control her actions!

Last edited by LauraG; April 6th, 2009 at 05:13 AM.
April 6th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tell YOUR Dh to sort it out. I stopped arranging things with my ILs - i tell DH to do it. In that way i can be out the loop and its his responsibility. Also, my ILs are less likely to mess him around and get to me ......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search