My MIL got Facebook!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL I find this hilarious! I mean she hardly ever uses the computer but there she is in my friends now. I wonder which of my poor BIL had to spend the time trying to show her how to do it!

March 31st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL Mine won't get on facebook because she wanted to share an account with her husband and realized it is basically for one person. I have her dh in my friends so can look at my profile anytime but doesn't. Has she left any comments on your pics or profile?
April 1st, 2009, 11:40 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my MIL also got on facebook. And requested me as a friend. However, since she is taking us to court for visitation rights I kind of find it unsettling.
April 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
No, no comments or anything. Like I said, I'd be surprised if she really knows how to use it!

April 2nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL plan on making any comments on her page? LOL
April 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Regular
Donovin's Mommy, you aren't in AZ are you?
April 6th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HAHA....this makes me laugh because my MIL also recently got facebook. She and my SIL have both requested me as a friend, and I have denied them both without guilt! They are not my friends and I do not want them in my business. I also don't want them "stealing" pictures off my facebook for their own so they can pretend that we all get along. What's really mean is that I'm friends with everyone else in the family and not them. I feel devious, but it makes me smile on the inside...lol.
April 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM
LOL I couldn't do that. Part of me wanted to hit ignore but I was nice. She's not too bad, just self-absorbed.

April 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have MIL on MySpace but she is so absorbed with her new live in bf (who moved in today) that she has no time for anything other than him so she never posts anything.

April 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
SO DID MINE.....but I helped her do it because I'm making an effort to show her I don't hate her

April 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
LOL I guess the MILs have invaded Facebook and MySpace! Mine posted pics of her and my boys from wjen she visited but she did it really weird not in a photo album. I was impressed that she managed to get some on there.

April 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mil asked my dh if we had any new photos of the kids and he said to look on my facebook page but she said it was too much of an effort
April 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope don't live in AZ! NY actually
May 2nd, 2009, 01:00 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL is on facebook which is annoying... but I feel bad for SIL b/c her mom leaves annoying wall posts etc ALL THE TIME. haha

May 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
LOL She still hasn't written on my wall or anyone else's for that matter. I suspect that she uses it more to see what other people are doing.

May 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelsMommy View Post
LOL She still hasn't written on my wall or anyone else's for that matter. I suspect that she uses it more to see what other people are doing.

She is keeping tabs lol or just a lurker I am 'friends' with my mil's dh but he never makes comments or posts but she does look at my page because last time she was in contact with us she mentioned different status updates I had lol

Last edited by LauraG; May 3rd, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
May 11th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine just got FB a few months ago after years of putting down people for using a computer, how people that use computers are lazy, stupid, need a hobby, etc. Can you say hypocrite?? Anyways, I didnt check mine for a couple weeks and I had over 100 invites for stupid apps....ALL from her. My hotmail, same thing, over 100 forwards. I've told her multiple times not to send them but she still does. I would click on ignore, but that would just be something else for her to b**tch and nag about

May 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM
How annoying! I'm glad she doesn't know how to use the apps! I think she thinks it will keep her more in touch with what her 3 boys and nieces are doing since they hardly ever call her or let her know what's going on in their lives. So yeah, keeping tans. I don't think she could care less about me though.

« Hey | Inlaws | Vacation »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search