A very short visit :)

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My MIL made up her mind and let us know yesterday that she and her dh are coming tomorrow sometime in the late afternoon and leaving Saturday mid morning to go to a concert about 1 1/2 away. She is then coming back Sunday for an hour before heading home because she has other plans for Easter now and said she has to be back because she works Monday but she already tol us she isnt working Monday ggrrrr. My 5 1/2 was crushed when I told him that it would be a short visit but I figure in the end it will be her loss. I found out my step sis in law has been lying about a few things and I am so tired of my dh's family and the drama so i have decided to be nice but try to stay uninvolved. It's just too emotionally draining dealing with my mil and step sis in law and the drama. And i am tired of making people happy that clearly are self-absorbed.
April 10th, 2009, 03:28 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that she is disappointing your son. I feel the same way about my MIL a lot, her loss. My boys are too young to really get it right now. Most of the time I think my son really only thinks there is one grandma - my mom. Oh well. Hugs!

April 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes definitely her loss. Well they are gone and were here less than 24 hours but are back for a few hours tomorrow. My 5 1/2 year old tried to hug her at the dinner table last night and she jumped and said what are u doing? He got upset and ran to his room so I had to tell him she wasn't used to a lot of hugs like his other grandma, ugh. I don't like explaining her behavior away. She also told my boys that she preferred to take the dog for a walk them have them join her. My mom told me there will come a point when they wont be hurt by her because if she keeps up this behavior the boys will just stop caring how she acts but it is so hard to see my boys being treated like that when they are used to a lot of attention and affection from my parents.
April 11th, 2009, 12:50 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so sad! I feel so bad for your sons. At least when my MIL comes out of her room, she is loving to them. I'm so sorry.

April 11th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah and it really upsets me but that is how she is, not emotional at all or all into hugging and all that. My dh said she has never been affectionate and he doesn't remember snuggling with her ever when he was young or many hugs. They are very awkward to watch when they do hug at the end of visit. I know she cares about them but she doesn't show and it and then subtly blames me. She asked me to have Easter morning today (we do an egg hunt with the kids and a basket each) because she wouldn't be able to see them do it tomorrow and I said no and it's all my fault that she misses everything. This from the woman that rather go home tomorrow rather than stay here because she would miss a party her sis in law is having. I already re-arranged my plans to fit hers and told her that we do the egg thing on Sunday so it wasn't a surprise. Anyway enough venting or I would go on.
April 14th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you stuck to your plans and had the egg hunt on Sunday. You shouldn't have to rearrange everything just because she can't be there. If she wanted to be there for Easter then maybe she should have changed her plans. You just can't accommodate everyone and shouldn't have to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search